Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly to Introduce iWatch at Event But Won't Release Until Next Year

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Reportedly to Introduce iWatch at Event But Won't Release Until Next Year

Just recently, we reported on Re/code breaking the news on Apple releasing the iWatch this fall, along with the upcoming iPhone 6. The Cupertino-based company will be announcing the next generation iPhone at their September 9th event. However, Re/code is now saying something different, claiming the wearable device won’t be available to consumers this year. According to Re/code:

Sources in position to know tell me it won’t arrive at market for a few months. “It’s not shipping any time soon,” said one. So when does Apple plan to ship its eagerly anticipated wearable? That’s not clear, but my understanding is that we’re unlikely to see it at retail until after the holiday season — think early 2015.
    This news does not come as a surprise, where Apple introduces their product one day, but doesn’t release it for purchasing until months after. The company has done this before with the MacBook Pro- the 2013 version was being shown at 2013’s WWDC, but was not released to the public until December of 2013. Apple also debuted their original iPhone in January of 2007 but did not let it sell to the public until June of that year. The iPad had a similar situation with Apple as well.

Are you disappointed in the news? Let us know in the comments below!

Source: Re/code
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-08-30 at 07:32 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I do believe that once Apple comes out with this watch, it'll be a game changer. It'll be just like when the first iPhone came out. These guys will nail the device with a beautiful, sleek design, with fitness, NFC and god knows what else wrapped all in one. Not only that, if you all recall when samsung launched that watch of theirs which I ended up buying and regretted not refunding it before the grace period was over. I think samsung rushed in too fast and because of that already lost it on the watch marketplace.

Good luck to apple with this i-watch because i-wantone!
    Last edited by LucySterling; 2014-08-30 at 09:23 AM.

That image of the watch concept still makes me drool.

Well, I don't mind if it's delayed because I don't want one yet. I didn't want an iPad until the third generation came out with the Retina Display, and I still haven't bitten the bullet on an iPhone after seven years, so I'm willing to wait until the design is nearly perfected.