Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Refreshes Leadership Page, Presumably to Reflect Greater Diversity

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple Refreshes Leadership Page, Presumably to Reflect Greater Diversity

In an apparent effort to reflect Apple's dedication to diversity within its company, Apple has just refreshed its executive leadership page to include new faces from the Cupertino, California-based tech giant.

The page now displays profiles of:

• Vice President of Special Projects Paul Deneve
    • Vice President of of Environmental Initiatives Lisa Jackson
    • Vice President and Dean of Apple University Joel Podolny
    • Vice President of Hardware Technologies Johny Srouji
    • Vice President of Worldwide Human Resources Denise Young Smith

Bringing a more diverse portrait of Apple's top leaders, a number of the executives added to the page today are relatively new hires, having been with the company -- in some cases -- for only a year or so.

According to Apple's diversity report, 70% of Apple's employees are male. 55% of its total workforce is white. 15% is Asian. 11% is Hispanic and just 7% of employees are African American.

"Let me say up front: As CEO, I'm not satisfied with the numbers on this page," Cook said earlier this week. "They're not new to us and we've been working hard for quite some time to improve them. We are making progress, and we're committed to being as innovative in advancing diversity ad we are in developing our products."

To review the refreshed executive leadership page, click here.

Source: Apple, 9to5Mac

What no Asian VPs? Three old white guys is not an example of diversity.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

This has to be the most troubling report as well as the comment by Cook. "Hey look at us! We hired some minorities! We are a great company, that's so progressive!" It's a slap in the face if you ask me, I mean director of HR? Would you pull this publicity stunt with all of your developers and designers? What title will you give Mr. (The self titled Doctoral Candidate) Dre?