Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Analyst Predicts Apple and Samsung Will Sweep Smartwatch Market

  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,897
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 200 Times in 179 Posts

    Default Analyst Predicts Apple and Samsung Will Sweep Smartwatch Market


    Jackdaw Research chief analyst, Jan Dawson, recently predicted that Apple and Samsung would basically sweep the smartwatch market. The report was spotted by Re/code just recently in regards to the statement. In the report, Dawson claimed that he felt upcoming competitors should ‘stay out of the market’ and existing competitors should postpone their plans. He stated:

    The current market simply doesn’t have room for more vendors pursuing the same narrow opportunity. We would advise most would-be vendors to stay out of the market.

    We do not recommend that existing vendors should maintain current levels of investment when market growth and the overall revenue opportunity remain poor. It is unlikely that more than one or two small vendors will be able to make a sustainable business out of smartwatches in the face of competition from Samsung and [...] Apple.
    Rumors have been trending claiming the iWatch would be launched after the upcoming iPhone(s) gets released. Reuters predicted in June that sales would hit 50 million units in the first year, and Morgan Stanley followed by stating sales would match the iPhone and iPad sales. We will have to see how true these claims are when the wearable device gets released.

    Other competitors for wearable devices include the upcoming Moto 360 by Motorola with HTC, HP, and Microsoft planning to join the market as well.

    Source: Re/code

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    Apple is going to dominate the market. Then Samsung is going to rip off whatever they want from Apple. Same story as smartphones and tablets...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    Apple is going to dominate the market. Then Samsung is going to rip off whatever they want from Apple. Same story as smartphones and tablets...
    And add a ultra power saving mode that turn your watch into just a watch.

  4. #4
    Why did you leave out the one word in that quote? "Potentially"

  5. #5
    Pebble will be totally fine. Other than that? Hard to say.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tongxinshe View Post
    Pebble will be totally fine. Other than that? Hard to say.
    I honestly love my Pebble. Compared to the android based smartwatches out there I'd call it more of an "above average" watch than a "smartwatch". It however does exactly what I need in a connected watch. The other smartwatches out there just don't justify a reduced battery life. Smartwatches (Apple included) are going to have to do something really special to get my Pebble off my wrist.

  7. #7
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Default Analyst Predicts Apple and Samsung Will Sweep Smartwatch Market
    Are we talking about Apple dominating the market w/ the product that we've never seen a single leaked photo of BUT is coming out in a few months?

    If so, this is great news...

    I think the iWatch has been dominating this market for, like, three years now! LOL!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-08-16 at 04:13 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    Apple is going to dominate the market. Then Samsung is going to rip off whatever they want from Apple. Same story as smartphones and tablets...
    Um if you haven't noticed Samsung came out with their Smartwatch FIRST. It is Apple that's doing the rip off.

  9. #9
    The so called smart watch has been around for many, many years in one form or another. However, it is only in the last two years or so that a truly smart watch as we know it today has been available

    I am unaware that Apple has announced a smart watch. Yes, there are lots of rumors and photos but as yet no so called iWatch.

    IF and WHEN Apple do announce a smart watch, then clearly it will have all the features and applications that other current smart watches have. To this end I would suggest that Apple has copied others.

    If in addition, Apple have features and applications that others do not have and these are copied by others in the future than clearly we can say that Apple has be ripped off.

    I do wish people would understand that the so called iWatch does not yet exist and stop this ridiculous nonsense that every body is ripping off Apple on a watch that does not exist or even announced.

  10. #10
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    The so called smart watch has been around for many, many years in one form or another. However, it is only in the last two years or so that a truly smart watch as we know it today has been available

    I am unaware that Apple has announced a smart watch. Yes, there are lots of rumors and photos but as yet no so called iWatch.

    IF and WHEN Apple do announce a smart watch, then clearly it will have all the features and applications that other current smart watches have. To this end I would suggest that Apple has copied others.

    If in addition, Apple have features and applications that others do not have and these are copied by others in the future than clearly we can say that Apple has be ripped off.

    I do wish people would understand that the so called iWatch does not yet exist and stop this ridiculous nonsense that every body is ripping off Apple on a watch that does not exist or even announced.
    +1

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •