Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases the First OS X Yosemite Public Beta Build

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Releases the First OS X Yosemite Public Beta Build

Just yesterday Apple made an announcement stating a pre-release version of OS X Yosemite would be made available to users who signed up for the company’s OS X Public Beta Program. Those of you who are members can now use redemption codes, which are found on the beta program website, to download the public beta of Yosemite from the Mac App Store for free. The Cupertino California company is asking public beta testers to use their Mac normally and just leave comments in the Feedback Assistant application if they have any issues.

Much like any other unreleased software, the public beta of OS X Yosemite comes with its fair share of bugs including but not limited to the following: Safari hanging when playing Netflix, required updated versions of certain Mac apps such as iPhoto and Aperture, black screen issues when editing in iPhoto, issues with Photo Stream and iCloud Photo not sharing pictures properly, iCloud Drive appearing empty (may be fixed with a restart), and AirDrop features not working as intended.

Furthermore, when users install the Yosemite beta, they will be asked if they want to upgrade their account to iCloud Drive. Once a user updates to iCloud Drive, they won’t be able to access their iCloud Documents and Data on devices with earlier versions of OS X and iOS.

Unfortunately, for some of the features that offer a connected service between Macs and iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad, users will need iOS 8, which is currently only available to members of the iOS Developer Program.

If you are part of the public Beta Seed Program and don’t mind the aforementioned issues, all you’ll need is a Mac running OS X Mavericks (which is available for free on the Mac App Store). Apple also recommends installing the OS X Yosemite beta on a secondary computer since the software is known to have several issues. Ultimately though, the choice is yours.

Have you had a chance to try the public beta of OS X Yosemite? If so, how has your experience been?

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

smooth as butter so far.... everything works as I expect right now.

got my invite earlier, downloading now as I type!

Once installed, can you upgrade to iCloud at a later date if you don't want it now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Wonder how this will differ from the beta developers have been getting.

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Once installed, can you upgrade to iCloud at a later date if you don't want it now?

Thats what the fine print said, so yes. Working well so far. Not a big fan of the flattened UI.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

Sniper488 (2014-07-25)

Question ???
    Quote Originally Posted by fourplay View Post
    smooth as butter so far.... everything works as I expect right now.
    what do you Mean As Expected? Good ,Buggy...Perhaps?

Just updated, everything seems to work perfect!!!

Hope Flavours updates soon!!!!!!!

Got it running in a VMWare Fusion VM with 4GB of RAM and 2 processors on an i7 and it seems a bit sluggish to me. Don't like the flattened UI. Seems to be not all that much different.

Don't like the flattened UI but it seems not all that much different?

Mine seems to run a bit faster but I agree, not much difference for now...

Still some what themeable...

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi

Last edited by Sniper488; 2014-07-25 at 07:58 PM.

Is this any different than DP4?