Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS, Mac Getting NFL Sunday Ticket

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default iOS, Mac Getting NFL Sunday Ticket

Are you ready for some football?

Just before kickoff of the new NFL season, reports are surfacing today that iOS and Mac users will have access to NFL Sunday Ticket through DirecTV this year.

Our friends at AppleInsider uncovered the Apple community arrival of the popular football viewing package from a reader tip (a reader spotted updated marketing materials from NFLSundayTicket.tv), although DirecTV and Apple are yet to formally comment on the news.

"Now you can access live, out-of-market NFL games without a DIRECTV satellite TV account—no matter what team you follow," the website copy reads. "NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV lets you stream games on your computer, tablet, phone, or game console. All while keeping up with real-time player stats and your fantasy teams."

Our understanding is that DirecTV does not require a satellite subscription for iOS/Mac users to enjoy NFL Ticket. All out of market NFL games will be available beginning in early September for $199.99 (that includes viewing on mobile devices and PCs). Pricing tiers are higher for individuals who also want the option to watch games on video games consoles and other streaming platforms.

Source: AppleInsider

So will NFL Game Pass FINALLY make an Apple TV App? It would kind of suck if you were able to watch Sunday Ticket right from the Apple TV, but still have to Airplay NFL Game Pass.

Sorry, as long as you need to have DirectTV I will never give up $250-$350 for a season of NFL. Too bad for them and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    Sorry, as long as you need to have DirectTV I will never give up $250-$350 for a season of NFL. Too bad for them and me.
    you didnt read the article.

only if you live in New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco