Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CNBC Anchor Says Tim Cook is 'Open About the Fact He's Gay'

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default CNBC Anchor Says Tim Cook is 'Open About the Fact He's Gay'

On Friday, CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" co-anchor Simon Hobbs made a statement about Apple CEO Tim Cook that fell flat on television and provoked what could only be regarded as one of the most awkward silences ever witnessed on the cable network network.

“I think Tim Cook is fairly open about the fact he's gay at the head of Apple, isn't he?” Hobbs asked when the subject of discussion turned to the growing number of successful and respected openly gay CEOs of large global companies.

Unfortunately for Hobbs, he was the only one who felt that Tim Cook has been "fairly open." While Cook has been an ardent supporter of equality, gay rights, and a culture of acceptance and humanity across the global corporate landscape, Cook hasn't been "open" about being gay himself.

“Oh, dear, was that an error?” the CNBC personality quickly bounced back, visibly embarrassed about having inadvertently outed Cook. ”I thought he was open about it.”

Not surprisingly, Apple has not issued a formal comment in response to the CNBC debacle.

Source: TheWrap

is he really? not that it matters but it is a big surprise.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Hmmm??? Anyone know if CNBC has a news anchor job opening now? what a DS!!! LMAO

Thanks

He didn't mess up that bad until he said "I thought he was open about it."

Is he really not open about it? He has been on many lists as one of the most powerful gay leaders in the world....

Power List 2013: TIM COOK | Out Magazine

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's a shame that it matters.

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

I like it when stuff like this is publicly known, so that way when homophobes tell me how cool their iPhone is I can tell them how the CEO is gay. Then when they say "Well I'll just switch to android" I can remind them Google is a big supportive of equality for LGBT personals. And so on and so forth until they're basically forces to live under a rock or cave in and support these companies.

who cares if he's gay.

Does it really matter if he is straight or gay?

I'd call it a "well-known secret".

Oh My GOD. This is SO hysterical! No, I mean that moment. That horrible moment of "oh crap." I couldn't care less about Cook's gayness or lack thereof, but this moment. Priceless! Come on! That head shake? This is so good.
    Last edited by milder; 2014-06-28 at 12:08 AM.

Default Tim Cook...
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    who cares if he's gay.

IKR... Who cares he's GAY and that's not gonna drag me out of an Apple products!!! Loves Apple for LIFE and yes I said it "LIFE"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McMichael96 View Post
    I like it when stuff like this is publicly known, so that way when homophobes tell me how cool their iPhone is I can tell them how the CEO is gay. Then when they say "Well I'll just switch to android" I can remind them Google is a big supportive of equality for LGBT personals. And so on and so forth until they're basically forces to live under a rock or cave in and support these companies.
    I like your style!

Here's the thing, why does he have to announce his sexuality to the world to be considered "open" about it? Do straight people have to do the same? Do we worry about Steve Balmer being a closet hetero until he holds a press conference to announce it?

Enough with the double standards! We don't need to know who a person shares their bed with as long as it's another consenting adult (or adults). Everyone knows he is same sex oriented despite his lack of any formal announcement, so he's clearly not hiding it. He's just living his life and wants to be treated equally.

PS 24 hour new networks are big steaming piles of ****.

...doubt he lost any sleep...

i must have missed the great disturbance in the force

I wonder if Jobs knew.