Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WSJ: At Least 10 Distinct Sensors Planned for iWatch

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default WSJ: At Least 10 Distinct Sensors Planned for iWatch

Simple activity tracker? Think again.

Apple's forthcoming inaugural iOS-powered smartwatch won't be a nondescript incarnation of every other smartwatch on the market - that is, one that merely tracks a few aspects of one's fitness or dietary habits and related activities. According to a report published Friday in the Wall Street Journal, Apple's iWatch may offer the most comprehensive range of tracking capabilities ever witnessed in this product category.

Today's report, which cites numerous sources close to the device's production, reveals that there will be a large number of distinct and unique sensors built into the iWatch. Although we don't yet know what those sensors are or what they can do, Apple is apparently well-positioned to raise the bar for all wearables with this product launch.

"The new wrist device from Apple will incorporate more than 10 sensors including ones to track health and fitness," the report reads. "Apple aims to address an overarching criticism of existing smartwatches that they don't provide functions significantly different from that of a smartphone, said a person familiar with the matter."

As MMi reported yesterday, mass production of the iWatch is expected to begin next month with the device likely launching in October. Apple is said to be so bullish about the product that the company expects to ship upwards of 50 million units within the product's first year of availability.

Source: WSJ

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm ready! Been holding off on all the others with the exception of a Kickstarter project that's months behind (surprise surprise, though it will be a nice piece). I will be buying one of these!

if it can't measure glucose levels in your blood then forget it!