Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Expected to Close Its Largest Acquisition in Company History

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple Expected to Close Its Largest Acquisition in Company History

A developing story at this hour indicates that Apple is on the verge of closing the largest acquisition in company history.

Sources speaking with CNBC say Apple is proceeding with a $3.2 billion purchase of Beats Electronics, a prominent headphone maker and music streaming operator.

The company was famously founded by music producer Jimmy Iovine and recording legend Dr Dre.

"The deal could be announced as early as next week, people familiar with the negotiations said, but they cautioned that some details had yet to be agreed and talks could still fall apart," CNBC reports.

If knowledgeable sources are correct, the acquisition would give to Apple everything that Beats has to offer - a streaming music service, its audio equipment business, and the Beats management team.

Although $3.2 billion certainly isn't a small sum of money, Apple's cash reserves are believed to still stand well above $130 billion as of this writing.

Source: CNBC, Ubergizmo

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Perhaps a new logo will be needed too.

We are the world...

Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-05-09 at 01:40 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-05-09)

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 607 Posts

I find this to be a very exciting possibility indeed.
    "All I can be is me, whoever that is" - Bob Dylan

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

This would make some awesome future products.

Interesting. I thought HP owned Beats. Wonder if HP will still use beats laptop speakers

HTC had all rights to Beats last I knew.

Thanks

This and PonoMusic should really help to get quality music going mainstream, or at least more accessible.

Piss poor headphones. Hope they aren't buying them for that.

Thanks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they´re already ******* expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    word.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    +1 and the beats in HP laptops is nothing more than a gimmick. When beats is turned on it just changes the eq to a v-curve and pumps up the bass. With it off the eq is flat.

Y'all gotta complain about SOMETHING, right...

Anyway, congrats to Dre on becoming the first billionaire in hip-hop, artist/producer-wise.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Terrible headphones. Although I do have to give them credit for one thing. They found a totally new way of marketing headphones. Who cares about sound quality? Let's make headphones fashionable! Because, you know, buying headphones to wear as a necklace is the cool thing to do.

overly priced gadget buying another overly priced gadget = POS but than again all trendy things are POS.

Thanks

Beats is a successful well know brand on its own already..Apple's alignment will only make it better for both in the end. Whether you feel the headphones are worth the $$ or not, they sell regardless. Beats has headphones, speakers, portable radios, radio station etc. Apple hs nothing to lose here.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (2014-05-09)

also, Beats probably have patents that Apple wants and sue Samsung for

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Atheist View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they´re already ******* expensive!
    Lmao!!!!! That's funny

Beats audio on the iPhone can't wait!!!
    Last edited by Rondon360; 2014-05-09 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    +1 and the beats in HP laptops is nothing more than a gimmick. When beats is turned on it just changes the eq to a v-curve and pumps up the bass. With it off the eq is flat.
    I agree with all of the above. If true, this is a serious miss-step for Apple. Beats have no engineers - only branding and market recognition (and doesn't Apple already have that?!). All Beats' headphones were designed by Monster. Apple is acquiring the wrong company.

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I agree with all of the above. If true, this is a serious miss-step for Apple. Beats have no engineers - only branding and market recognition (and doesn't Apple already have that?!). All Beats' headphones were designed by Monster. Apple is acquiring the wrong company.
    The beats music streaming is pretty good and growing and would be a great complement / boost to iTuness radio. Add to that the fact the Levine is also rumored to be joining Apple to help improve iTunes and the fact that Beats Music had 1.25 Billion in revenue last year, it's not exactly a stretch to see why it would seem a good investment.

Hell, it's a good investment in the "keeping it out of google or anyone else's reach" department.

Oh and lastly this purchase ($3.2B) doesn't even make a dent in Apple's cash reserves.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2014-05-09 at 07:56 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast