Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Expected to Close Its Largest Acquisition in Company History

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The beats music streaming is pretty good and growing and would be a great complement / boost to iTuness radio. Add to that the fact the Levine is also rumored to be joining Apple to help improve iTunes and the fact that Beats Music had 1.25 Billion in revenue last year, it's not exactly a stretch to see why it would seem a good investment.

Hell, it's a good investment in the "keeping it out of google or anyone else's reach" department.

Oh and lastly this purchase ($3.2B) doesn't even make a dent in Apple's cash reserves.
    Beats has about 500,000 users. Pandora has 125 million users and about the same market cap. Sorry, but Tim Cook has been smoking something strange if these rumors are true.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

My first thought on this is that it's not a Steve Jobs type of play.Monster would have been a MUCH better pickup because Beats is all design. Buying Beats is almost like Apple buying a clothing company. My second thought is that Apple is after a Beats music partnership to try and bolster iTunes Radio against Spotify and Pandora.

I'm not a fan of Beats, like most have said already, they're a fashion statement. Their sound isn't that great, people buy them because they want to look cool. I prefer Skullcandy, they have both looks and sounds on their side. We don't know if Apple will even end up buying Beats and if they do what they'll do with them yet, so I can't really make any remarks about that. I just hope that Apple improves the sound quality if they do make the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Beats has about 500,000 users. Pandora has 125 million users and about the same market cap. Sorry, but Tim Cook has been smoking something strange if these rumors are true.
    Beats has twice the revenue of Spotify and is actually running a profit, something Spotify has YET to achieve last I checked.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Beats has twice the revenue of Spotify and is actually running a profit, something Spotify has YET to achieve last I checked.
    Beats' revenue hasn't come from streaming music services. It's come from charging $350 for headphones that cost less than $20 to manufacture.

But I guess this is just progress and I will eventually learn to love my new Beats Audio iPhone and Apple-Tommy-Hilfiger boxer shorts. Sigh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12