Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iWatch May Be Just the Beginning for Apple in mHealth

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default iWatch May Be Just the Beginning for Apple in mHealth

At a time when the wearables market is heating up to a previously unimaginable degree, we're yet to see Apple's inaugural product in this fast-growing product category. But if sources purportedly in the know are correct, Apple will do more than just roll out the iWatch later this year.

Soon, Apple may very well preside over an epic mHealth platform of its own.

Foreshadowed by Apple's rapidly ballooning team of senior medical technology executives and other major moves in the biotechnology community, the platform in question remains a work in progress. But the progress is, indeed, leading to something huge on the horizon.

Industry insiders say the moves telegraph a vision of monitoring everything from blood-sugar levels to nutrition, beyond the fitness-oriented devices now on the market.
    "This is a very specific play in the bio-sensing space," explains Malay Gandhi, chief strategy officer at Rock Health, a venture capital firm.

Gandhi is among those who appear convinced that the med-tech community is so confident in Apple's plans that they are practically betting on Apple to reach the market soon with an "apps-store style platform" enabling startups to develop their own software and hardware mobile medical apps.

Source: Reuters

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

I would welcome reliable med sensors with accurate data analysis. You youngsters don't understand that now but you will when you're an old fart like me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure if the tech is up to Apple's snuff yet. Pretty sure they won't release an iWatch until they can do it right.