Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple In Need of 'Buzz Marketing Manager' To Get Devices in Hands of More Celebrities

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple In Need of 'Buzz Marketing Manager' To Get Devices in Hands of More Celebrities

Apple posted a job listing based out of New York recently, for a “Buzz Marketing Manager.” The description outlined a position in charge of managing areas including product placement in television and film, and forecasting relationships with “high-profile influencers” to help promote the Apple brand.

• Product placement in film & television. Work with the creative side of film & TV to place Apple products. This includes getting necessary approvals, managing and trafficking product inventory, following up with studios, and monitoring media for successful placements.
    • Build and maintain relationships with high-profile influencers. Influential Apple users could be directors, actors, artists, athletes, designers and select brands or institutions. Determine which relationships have potential to maximize benefit to Apple.
    • Leverage relationships to book events at Apple Store Soho. Collaborate with Apple Retail, PR and iTunes to ensure maximum positive outcome for the effort. Produce a podcast for each event into iTunes and maximize the promotional value of the content through PR efforts and partner channels.
    The company described the role as new and reporting to the head of worldwide Buzz Marketing. Buzz marketing has been getting some attention recently due to Samsung’s recent Oscar selfie, posted by Ellen Degeneres and other celebrities. The stunt, which became the most retweeted Tweet in history, was revealed to have been coordinated by Samsung.

Buzz Marketing by Apple has been in place for a few decades, but Apple employee Suzanne Lindbergh, who led and developed the program, left in October.

Source: Apple via BusinessInsider
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-05-03 at 09:27 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Mediocre products need this type of marketing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Mediocre products need this type of marketing.
    You mean like Samsung with Ellen? Who then used her iPhone to tweet when not on camera.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (2014-05-03), Sage I (2014-05-03)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnutt For This Useful Post:

That-Fricken-Nerd (2014-05-04)

I see Apple products in movies and television all the time! I've seen some celebrities but not that many, they need to get more! Sure Justin Long is famous, but not THAT famous.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I see Apple products in movies and television all the time! I've seen some celebrities but not that many, they need to get more! Sure Justin Long is famous, but not THAT famous.
    Many times they are in TV shows but the backs are covered up.