Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Channels Inbound for Apple TV

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default New Channels Inbound for Apple TV

With a growing number of competitors entering the living room streaming arena (we're looking at you, Amazon), it comes as little surprise that Apple is escalating efforts to augment the available content on its Apple TV.

According to a slew of reports populating the tech blogosphere Monday, users can expect to see at least three new channels before the day is done. We've already heard from many users that they're now capable of watching History, A&E and Lifetime through new dedicated channels available through Apple TV.

“We’re excited to deliver our hit programming from A&E, History and Lifetime to Apple TV users,” says Dan Suratt, executive vice president of digital media and business development for A&E Networks. “With the response we've seen from our content on iOS devices and on iTunes, bringing A+E HD content to Apple TV is a natural evolution to satisfy our consumers’ demands and to provide our advertisers a new opportunity to partner with A+E Networks."

Apple is expected to announced additional channels in the coming weeks, leading up to the launch of a new Apple TV unit sometime this summer.

Source: LA Times

Thanks

I don't really consider adding channels competing but I could be wrong. Wonder what the competitors have in store.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just give us that damn appstore already! How hard can it be?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DuRoLuRo For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-04-21)

You know what would be cool. What about if Apple TV would starting receiving a digital antenna signal and broadcast it to the tv just like aereo does.
    That way I would eliminate my cable bill and just pay for internet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Parana6 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-04-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Parana6 View Post
    You know what would be cool. What about if Apple TV would starting receiving a digital antenna signal and broadcast it to the tv just like aereo does.
    That way I would eliminate my cable bill and just pay for internet.
    So what's keeping you from attaching the digital antenna to your HDTV now???

Lucky for me, because I live in the Bahamas I won't be able to enjoy none of the channels. Channels has to be activated and my cable provider will never be listed.

Great, more channels not available to the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by a95970 View Post
    Great, more channels not available to the rest of the world.
    Exactly

Outside the U.S. nothing new... Nothing of nothing... and 2 years later... Still nothing...

My apple tv2 is pretty much for Netflix, airplay, and network attached storage movie access. The other channels are pretty lame, and many need paid access/subscriptions. We ditched cable a few years back and have never looked back. If you want channel options, you're much better off going with one of many other options, such as roku, Amazon fire, etc. However, apple tv does offer the airplay option, so if you have subscription access through your ios device, it doesn't really matter what channels are available on the set top box. What's more, with your computer you can stream anything over the internet to your tv through airplay mirroring, or a third party app such as air parrot. Options abound...