Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Announces That They Officially No Longer Support Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Stop being cheap and buy a Mac.
    Stop being jealous of people who actually know how to use a computer.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to znbl For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-04-09), jose060789 (2014-04-09)

Seriously though, people are arguing over stuff not related to the actual non-Apple news thread LOL
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Oh so now MMI is going to run articles on Chinese politics? Because that affects where Apple products are made.
    Yup. Every poll on every local election where the candidates are running for or against manufacturing computer parts too.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnyabc View Post
    Has this anything to do with Apple?
    Well you have bootcamp. Vista, Windows8 still give problems.Guess Windows XP is the only good choice currently. If they stop support... their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Stop being cheap and buy a Mac.
    Are you 12?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    Well you have bootcamp. Vista, Windows8 still give problems.Guess Windows XP is the only good choice currently. If they stop support... their loss.
    Windows 7 still widely used-very stable and still supported. Wonder why no one's mentioned 7.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I'm glad this was shared on the site, for some people it is big news. A lot of computers on the campus I work at run XP (it was the most stable at the time) but now Microsoft is not supporting it anymore. Here's the thing I don't get, Microsoft is stopping support for XP yet they aren't offering anything good to replace it, no deals on buying Win 7 or 8, no discount upgrade, they're forcing people/companies to pay full price for another OS. Not to mention that when you upgrade from XP to 7 or 8, you need to backup all your data, upgrade, then put your data back on. It's not like OS X where you only pay a small upgrade fee (or nothing for Mavericks) and you can simply upgrade your computer and not worry about your data. There's a good chunk of people out there that don't have the means or knowledge to do that. So Microsoft is forcing their customers to either stay on an OS that isn't being supported anymore or pay lots of money for a new OS, and run through the upgrade process. Sometimes I wonder if they actually want customers to go Apple...
    And this is why I went to OSX/Hackintosh now LOL upgrade? 19.99/ or free now. Rather pay 20 bucks for a upgrade than 200.00 plus 1,000+ updates to D/L and install on a computer.

I agree with ya too, MS should offer a free upgrade, say Win7 Pro at least. That way the can update/upgrade their systems and be current. plus be supported.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12