Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An Old Email from Steve Jobs Mentions Future Product Ideas

Apple For Life .... Rip Droid crap.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-04-07)

Thanks

I would not buy and iPhone that I could not JB. I love the freedom of adding or taking away as I see fit. I own the phone and do as I please. I have also owned Androids and have tested WP. My hands down choice is iPhone. Yes, they have been slow with the updates and tweaks that we actually want. When they do include them, they do a pretty good job. Android does not update nearly enough but does allow you to root and tweak just about anything. WP, well..they are by far the last choice as there is nothing you can tweak. I remember copy and paste took years to come out. End of the day, I'll stick with Apple. Jump ship if you want to..I'll stick with the OS that has always been there for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onyxsolutions View Post
    I would really recommend trying to see what your phone can and can't do before throwing accusations left and right, I used a htc one and a nexus 7 and on each of them I could remove anything google related, I can't remember exactly where in the menu, they have the option to remove all updates and after you remove the updates you can remove the app.

As you stated newstand and passbook aren't bloatware for everyone, ok, then give me the possibility to remove it.

@holyshnikes for the customization part, I only have a new theme and eclipse installed, I hate the look of the standard ios7, it's like a kid phone.

@H4CK3R are you really comparing newstand with gmail client? If so, sorry to say but your to much of a fan boy to know anything else.

Look at the so called amazing, new, incredible features that you get: control center,notification center which are total ripoffs from the other companies. Apple never imagined the wheel they just polished it. Unfortunately by the way thing are going, they will always be just a step behind. Sure, they brought you the 64bit architecture, what does it do to you? More speed? You had speed on your previous phone. Why didn't they make a bigger, better battery?

Most of the new features that you saw on the iphone for the past 3 years has already been used on a different phone. Do you guys remember the first introduction of the ipad and when they asked Steve about the screen size and he said that 9.7 was the perfect size? Then why do we have the ipad mini?

Because there is a market for it. The only problem they have now is that consumers don't replace their tablets like they do their phones and as such they will make you change them. How? Easy, with a nice new update that makes them unusable, they will make apps that run with the latest iOS version, and so on.

Why didn't we see an Apple TV set? Because Steve wasn't satisfied with the profit margins from them. He wasn't satisfied with the fact that you change your TV on average once every 5 years.

How come a 2007 lenovo x200s with 4Gb of RAM and Windows 7 better manage RAM then a 2013 MBA with Mavericks? I always have swap used after a days work, I don't even use that many applications.

Why should I have to fork up 80$ yearly for a new charger because they don't use better material for their products? My Lenovo charger hasn't been changed since the initial purchase.

Why should I have to fork up 200-300$ after 2 and a half years because my SSD shows signs of wear and tear due to the daily swap used by the RAM management? Because guess what your AppleCare doesn't include things that are considered consumables, battery, SSD, charger.

On this note, I won't even post anymore, I don't see the point of bashing on a forum that was meant to shine a light on Apples opinion and strategy.

"Good artists copy, great artists steal!"
    I own an Android phone and an iPT 5, yeah, definitely a fanboy...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Android does not update nearly enough but does allow you to root and tweak just about anything.
    Android phones actually don't "allow you to root." It's the very shortage of updates and lack of security that makes rooting them so easy. That being said, the tweaks in jailbroken iOS are more versatile than the ones in rooted Android (which has no system-wide ones like Activator). Rooting pretty much only opens up overclocking and other internal settings that are mostly useless. Not even custom ROMs are utilized to their full potential.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 2014-04-07 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onyxsolutions View Post
    I would really recommend trying to see what your phone can and can't do before throwing accusations left and right, I used a htc one and a nexus 7 and on each of them I could remove anything google related, I can't remember exactly where in the menu, they have the option to remove all updates and after you remove the updates you can remove the app.

As you stated newstand and passbook aren't bloatware for everyone, ok, then give me the possibility to remove it.

@holyshnikes for the customization part, I only have a new theme and eclipse installed, I hate the look of the standard ios7, it's like a kid phone.

@H4CK3R are you really comparing newstand with gmail client? If so, sorry to say but your to much of a fan boy to know anything else.

Look at the so called amazing, new, incredible features that you get: control center,notification center which are total ripoffs from the other companies. Apple never imagined the wheel they just polished it. Unfortunately by the way thing are going, they will always be just a step behind. Sure, they brought you the 64bit architecture, what does it do to you? More speed? You had speed on your previous phone. Why didn't they make a bigger, better battery?

Most of the new features that you saw on the iphone for the past 3 years has already been used on a different phone. Do you guys remember the first introduction of the ipad and when they asked Steve about the screen size and he said that 9.7 was the perfect size? Then why do we have the ipad mini?

Because there is a market for it. The only problem they have now is that consumers don't replace their tablets like they do their phones and as such they will make you change them. How? Easy, with a nice new update that makes them unusable, they will make apps that run with the latest iOS version, and so on.

Why didn't we see an Apple TV set? Because Steve wasn't satisfied with the profit margins from them. He wasn't satisfied with the fact that you change your TV on average once every 5 years.

How come a 2007 lenovo x200s with 4Gb of RAM and Windows 7 better manage RAM then a 2013 MBA with Mavericks? I always have swap used after a days work, I don't even use that many applications.

Why should I have to fork up 80$ yearly for a new charger because they don't use better material for their products? My Lenovo charger hasn't been changed since the initial purchase.

Why should I have to fork up 200-300$ after 2 and a half years because my SSD shows signs of wear and tear due to the daily swap used by the RAM management? Because guess what your AppleCare doesn't include things that are considered consumables, battery, SSD, charger.

On this note, I won't even post anymore, I don't see the point of bashing on a forum that was meant to shine a light on Apples opinion and strategy.

"Good artists copy, great artists steal!"
    This whole thing is a major fail...

Go play with your Android phone's, most of us could seriously care less what you do lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12