Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Sapphire Glass Supplier Raises Speculation on New iPhone Launch

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple's Sapphire Glass Supplier Raises Speculation on New iPhone Launch

Apple's sapphire glass supplier GT Advanced suggests that great progress is being made in getting Apple the supplies it needs to proceed with what is believed to be the company's next generation flagship iPhone 6.

On Tuesday, GT Advanced released its fourth quarter fiscal results and suggested along the way that we could see a new iPhone launch with sapphire glass in the coming months.

"Our arrangement to supply sapphire materials to Apple is progressing well and we started to build out the facility in Arizona and staff the operation during the quarter," GT Advanced CEO Tom Guiterrez admits. "We are pleased to have Apple as a sapphire customer and to be in a position to leverage our proprietary know-how to enable the supply of this versatile material."

These remarks and the projected Q3 and Q4 earnings for GT Advanced foreshadow Apple potentially shipping the first iPhones with sapphire displays this fall. Apple, after all, has a multi-year agreement in place with the company worth a reported $578 million. Something big is clearly in the works.

Source: TechCrunch

everyone knows there's going to be a new iPhone. But aren't supply chains contractually or at least socially obligated to with hold intentional leaks and stuff? I would be mad. If this is true, I wish Tim cook would really double down on secrecy. I know it's a bit harder than in the jobs era. But this is embarrassing. Supply chain partners giving out the goods? What is this Microsoft?

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude apple loves these rumours do you think a few years ago when the iphone was forgotten in a bar it was a mistake. It's all strategy and business at the end of the day. If they wanted it to be 100% secret it'd be.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fredHD For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-02-27)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbaroc View Post
    everyone knows there's going to be a new iPhone. But aren't supply chains contractually or at least socially obligated to with hold intentional leaks and stuff? I would be mad. If this is true, I wish Tim cook would really double down on secrecy. I know it's a bit harder than in the jobs era. But this is embarrassing. Supply chain partners giving out the goods? What is this Microsoft?
    They didn't leak anything. They just said that they are improving their supply chain to apple. That really means nothing until it comes to people speculating.

well Apple is following Microsoft's footsteps