Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jony Ive Briefly 'Vanishes' from Apple

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Jony Ive Briefly 'Vanishes' from Apple

The tech blogosphere began stirring wildly on Monday morning with speculation that Apple's Senior VP of Design Jony Ive might had left the company when the design guru briefly disappeared without warning from the company's online executive leadership directory.

As it turns out, the sirens had sounded prematurely. In fact, Ive is still with Apple. So why did he briefly vanish from the esteemed Apple directory? According to the BBC, it was all a minor glitch (more like a bad dream, however, for AAPL investors).

"We're in the process of updating the Exec Profiles... and Jony's profile will be back up online shortly," a rep for Apple told the BBC shortly after the hullabaloo began.

Nonetheless, it's understandable why the temporary omission would garner attention. As illustrated through the departure of former Apple executive Bob Mansfield, Apple has previously bid farewell to executives without issuing preliminary remarks or confirmation of the looming departure.

Source: BBC (via Twitter)

Man, that would've sucked.

With the mess that iOS7 is, I think it would have been great to see this happen. Really, iOS7 does look like a 2 year old designed it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmwade77 For This Useful Post:

BlabBlab (2014-02-18), LittleGod (2014-02-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    With the mess that iOS7 is, I think it would have been great to see this happen. Really, iOS7 does look like a 2 year old designed it.
    I agree.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

BlabBlab (2014-02-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    cmwade77 i would like to see you design a system like iOS 7... if a 2year old can a suppose you can too:-)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thomas84 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-02-18), stolenpentium (2014-02-18), xWalmartCandyx (2014-02-18)

Amazing how people have nothing better to do than refresh this directory watching for changes. Thanks Jony for creating a Fisher Price my first iPhone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

BlabBlab (2014-02-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

It's not the iPhone anymore it's the Jony Ives phone...

I wish Forstall was still onboard...then Ives wouldn't get complete dominance...

Ives should stick to hardware only NOT take on the software side of things IMO...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

BlabBlab (2014-02-18), lilpetabread (2014-02-18), LittleGod (2014-02-18)

You can't please everyone. And those that are dissatisfied are clearly outnumbered here.

Thanks

iOS 7 looks far better than any other stock firmware or jailbreak theme in my opinion. I loved Scott Forstall's wacky personality, but he was bad for the company both in his software design and maps projects. How could anyone look at that linen texture he suddenly stuck all over iOS and OS X and think "Oh yeah that looks good"? The new white navigation bars are no worse than those blue ones. Most App Store developers realize that custom interfaces usually look better with custom colors, so it's not like they're all over.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 2014-02-17 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    You can't please everyone. And those that are dissatisfied are clearly outnumbered here.
    And you know this how exactly? Would you care to share any hard data, that shows to some reasonable degree that the majority of iOS 7 users are really satisfied with the look and feel and not just going with it because they don't have a fing choice?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to alanjf For This Useful Post:

BlabBlab (2014-02-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    The new white navigation bars are no worse than those blue ones.
    From what I've seen, more people dislike the boarder less appearance makes elements like navigation buttons much less defined than they were before. What's worse is that rather than actually allowing real theming, like Android and Windows Phone have for quite sometime, they just throw a whole new look and dictate that everyone must just accept it if they wish to continue using iOS (especially since you cannot choose the version you wish to run on hardware they you own...), and I'm not even going to get into all the elements in iOS 7 that have been blatantly lifted from both Android and Windows Phone.

To fair though, I don't believe Apple was wrong for wanting to try a different overall look and feel, but this just at the same time, there is a difference between trying something and forcing it on your clientele and depriving them of having any choice (without jail-breaking at least.)

My family and I love ios7 (we've all had iPhones from the get go). It's classy, sleek and really fun to use. Isn't that the whole idea of the iPhone? If your complaining about it then get an Android because you've lost your love for the iPhone. And that to me is really sad :-(

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I agree.
    Same here...

In all honestly.. iOS5 and maybe iOS6 was the high point of apple... They might argue that iOS7 adoption rate and what not, but they are definitely capitalizing on the good esteem of iOS5/iOS6.

iOS is ultra slow (even in 5s) and it cumbersome to work with and its a memory HOG.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiWendy View Post
    My family and I love ios7 (we've all had iPhones from the get go). It's classy, sleek and really fun to use. Isn't that the whole idea of the iPhone? If your complaining about it then get an Android because you've lost your love for the iPhone. And that to me is really sad :-(
    I really don't understand this line of thinking. Why do you believe that one just hate or no longer love their iPhone in order to be critical about a particular aspect of it, or a particular version thereof?

Is it so hard for people like yourself to accept that not everyone like the new look and feel? And does that have to mean that there is something wrong with them. because you only allowing yourself to see only one point of view? Is it really so heinous to like, say, iOS 6 more than iOS 7?

If nothing else, please tell me this: Does one ALWAYS have to like the latest iteration of something, especially if it's made by Apple, else such a person MUST simply be just anti-chance, that they can't possibility just free-thinking individuals who don't necessarily have to go with the flow every time a new version of something is released? Wow, just wow, is this really how must of Apple's core really thinks? I really don't want to believe that humanity has sunk this low, I really don't, but sometimes it feel like that giant asteroid can't come soon enough.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to alanjf For This Useful Post:

BlabBlab (2014-02-18)

Quote Originally Posted by WiiWendy View Post
    My g...., how flipping arrogant can you be to assume that because someone dares to be critical of something that they do no like, that they no longer love their present device and so must go to another brand? Who are you exactly to dictate what someone can say and use?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to uri8472 For This Useful Post:

BlabBlab (2014-02-18)

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
    Same here...

In all honestly.. iOS5 and maybe iOS6 was the high point of apple... They might argue that iOS7 adoption rate and what not, but they are definitely capitalizing on the good esteem of iOS5/iOS6.

iOS is ultra slow (even in 5s) and it cumbersome to work with and its a memory HOG.
    iOS is not slow or even close to what android's fragmentation is. I have to admit with the 64bit my 5s does crash more often on safari but other than that, Id take it over android anyday. This is coming from an ex galaxy s4 user.

Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    And you know this how exactly? Would you care to share any hard data, that shows to some reasonable degree that the majority of iOS 7 users are really satisfied with the look and feel and not just going with it because they don't have a fing choice?
    Here's one such poll.

As I'm sure you're aware, the iPhone's 5s and 5c came equipped with iOS 7. Apple broke sales records with each phone.

And here is your hard data.

Anyone remember this very particular Super Bowl commercial circa 1984? I wonder who that unending line of unquestioning denizens who accept anything put before them as long as it comes from the guiding hand from on high really represents today...

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    Here's one such poll.

As I'm sure you're aware, the iPhone's 5s and 5c came equipped with iOS 7. Apple broke sales records with each phone.

And here is your hard data.
    With all due respect, all this proves is that people have been willing to give the new changes a chance, as well as the fact that it doesn't appear to take into account that many people taking poll might be uses who are new and never really used iOS prior to iOS 7 as well as those who have been using iOS 7 and just got used to it because they had ability to downgrade. Also, you should consider that the fact that Apple has been riding the coat tails of it's previous successes, name, and prestige of both. The real stats of the matter wont really come to fruition until the next iteration of iOS is out.

I love ios7, I use "noslowanimations" from Cydia to speed it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast