Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Recommends a Temporary Fix for AirPlay Mirroring Issues on its Latest Macs

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Recommends a Temporary Fix for AirPlay Mirroring Issues on its Latest Macs

Apple recently claimed that it is aware of an issue where its latest professional Macs may experience AirPlay Mirroring issues when connected to certain wireless networks. Although the company hasnít released an update that resolves the issue it has recommended a temporary fix. Owners of the latest MacBook pros (Late 2013) and Mac Pros (Late 2013) have been reporting dropped streams and freezes when using AirPlay mirroring on an 802.11b or g Wi-Fi networks (or older AirPort routers).

In a recently released support document, Apple suggested that there is a possibility that there is interference from Bluetooth on these Macs and recommends users shut it off when using AirPlay. The company wrote the following regarding the matter:

Turning off Bluetooth can enhance the performance of Airplay considerably. To turn off Bluetooth, locate the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar on the upper-right corner of your screen. Click the icon and choose Turn Bluetooth Off.
    Have any of you run into this issue? If so, did Appleís temporary fix help temporarily resolve the matter?

Source: Apple (Support)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know about AirPlay, but when I use my Bluetooth headphones, my wifi does seem to take a dump... Not just on my Mac, but my iPad too... Streaming Netflix? Forget it... There's definitely interference happening... Don't see how a software update could fix it, seems like a hardware issue.

Thanks

Definitely hardware..but maybe with a driver update they could bring down power level on Bluetooth and it might help...it also could be caused by antenna placement..although I don't know that for fact, just guessing...

If you hold it a different way it works.

Thanks

lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Maybe people should get out of the dark ages and move to 802.11n or 802.11ac? The problems are only on 11b and 11g networks according to this article...

I just got a dual band 802.11n router, 300Mbps per band, with 4 x 10/100 ports, from Amazon for $30...

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    I don't know about AirPlay, but when I use my Bluetooth headphones, my wifi does seem to take a dump... Not just on my Mac, but my iPad too... Streaming Netflix? Forget it... There's definitely interference happening... Don't see how a software update could fix it, seems like a hardware issue.
    Yes same thing here. I beat my head against the wall trying to figure it out why it only happened certain times. My problem was after a "Wake up". I'd have to turn wireless off then back on and reconnect. Turning BT off fixed it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smittyjf For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-03-05)

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    If you hold it a different way it works.
    I get it

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Anything wireless is imperfect.