Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Sells Sharp 4K Monitor Ahead of the Launch of its Mac Pro

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Sells Sharp 4K Monitor Ahead of the Launch of its Mac Pro

Ahead of this month’s debut of the revamped Mac Pro desktop, which can drive up to three 4K displays, Apple appears to be selling a new 4K “Ultra HD” 32-inch LED IGZO monitor created by Sharp in its online store. The Sharp PN-K321 4K monitor is currently available in various Apple online stores across Europe for 3,999 euros. The display hasn’t been made available in the US as of yet.

The 32-inch IGZO display is being advertised as having a 1.07-billion color palette with 350 cd/m2 brightness and an 800-to-1 contrast ratio. It also sports built-in-2-watt-per-channel stereo sound and supports landscape and portrait modes. The 4K resolution monitor packs in so many pixels that it’s advertised to be able to view the content of four full-HD 1080p screens across a single display, all while reducing power with the use of IGZO technology.

Availability of the 4K display through Apple comes as the company prepares to launch a revamped cylindrical Mac Pro desktop this month. Apple has boasted that the desktop, which will start at $2,999, will be capable of driving up to three 4K screens. This week, German retailer Conrad temporarily began taking pre-orders for the Mac Pro, indicating to shoppers that the desktop will be available on December 16. However, there hasn’t been any official confirmation from Apple, and the pre-order page was subsequently pulled.

The ability of the Mac Pro to drive three 4K displays has fueled a lot of speculation that Apple could update its own Thunderbolt Display to a Retina-caliber 4K resolution. Supply of the Thunderbolt Display has been tight throughout 2013, further driving hopes that an update could be forthcoming, although apple has unsurprisingly not indicated any such information.

We’ll have to wait and see what Apple does next.

Source: IDG News Service via MacWorld

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Bloody we'll expensive! Can buy cheaper online

Flippin' expensive!

Thanks

Shiver me timbers, a euro a pixel? Mad expensive mate.

Thanks

Of course it's expensive, it's Apple. You're paying for the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Atheist View Post
    Put it's Sharp not Apple $899 or £1000 is acceptable. Especially when they's much 4k content out there. Guess it will drop in price like HD tv's and monitors

Sorry for the off topic question but I was wondering if buying a Mac Pro but I play lots a games on my pc is Mac good for games ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Atheist View Post
    It's not an Apple monitor...it's a Sharp Monitor. It will not have an Apple Logo

Quote Originally Posted by crzyklr View Post
    Sorry for the off topic question but I was wondering if buying a Mac Pro but I play lots a games on my pc is Mac good for games ?
    Only if you consider audio, video and photo editing software games, which I do.

Thanks

Not sure why new tech always comes with a heft price. Don't you actually want to sell these things? The above is double/triple the price most are willing to spend. Not needed..not even sure its wanted.