Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Play Music App Finally Comes to iOS

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Google Play Music App Finally Comes to iOS

Following a seemingly incessant string of setbacks and delays, the moment of truth for Google Play Music on iOS finally arrived today.

The long-awaited iTunes Match rival became available in Apple's App Store on Friday.

Google Play Music "makes it easy to discover, play and share" your music, Google says. "With our new All Access service, you can enjoy millions of songs, listen to custom radio with no limits, and discover more of the music you love."

With both All Access and the standard service, the Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing, storage space or offline playback. You can listen across any device and on the web, seamlessly.
    Google Play Music is a free download from the App Store, but new users can - and should - take advantage of a promotional free month of the All Access service, the features of which include the ability to: listen to unlimited songs, create custom radio stations from any song, artist or album, enjoy radio without skip limits, get smart recommendations based on your tastes, and enjoy handcrafted playlists from Google's "music experts."

To check out the app for yourself, click here.

Source: Apple App Store (iTunes link)

YES YES YES

So happy that its arrived, perfect for my needs and Google Radio is great, Apple doesn't need to bother bringing iTunes radio to the UK, Google has got there first

Thanks. Finally the legit one!!!

Only available in the U.S.A?

Awesome. If this works on my iPhone as well as it did on my old Galaxy S2, I'll be very happy. I see there is the option to change the "Mobile Network Stream Quality" from Low, Normal to High. When I was using GMusic or Melodies on my cellular network, it would constantly pause.

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    YES YES YES

So happy that its arrived, perfect for my needs and Google Radio is great, Apple doesn't need to bother bringing iTunes radio to the UK, Google has got there first

Is the radio part worth signing up for?
    Last edited by mlee19841; 2013-11-16 at 01:23 AM.

How does this app fair against gmusic?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Gonna check this out now.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum View Post
    Price wise, you can't beat it. At least you will not have to purchase new applications over time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceptum For This Useful Post:

pkmaximum (2013-11-18)

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Is the radio part worth signing up for?
    I think so, Spotify is good but if they don't have your album then you have to use another app, Google gives you the best of both worlds, your own locker and a radio service very similar to Spotify. Being in the UK means that I don't have access to iTunes Radio, and I would need to upgrade to iOS 7 and lose my jailbreak if and when Apple bring it to Europe

gMusic has always been buggy, if Google change something then gMusic breaks. Since the developer has split development for iOS 6 and iOS 7 functionality on iOS 6 hasn't seen all the improvements in the iOS 7 version

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

pkmaximum (2013-11-18)

So far so good. Last night I drove to a gig (~1 hour each way) and I was able to listen to a full album each way on my iPhone 5 on iOS 7.0.3.

Unfortunately, I drove my son to his friends this morning house and tried the app on my iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1.2 and it would pause after song was completed.

It's not a big deal for me because the iP4 is my back up phone.

so far, it's way better but it depends on what phone you have. I just made a post about my experience with 2 different phone. iP5 perfect, iP4 not so good.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyVee73 For This Useful Post:

pkmaximum (2013-11-18)