Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Expected to Poach Some Laid Off BlackBerry Talent

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple Expected to Poach Some Laid Off BlackBerry Talent

There may be some good news to report for the men and women recently laid off by BlackBerry. According to speculation surrounding the situation, Apple may poach some of this freshly available talent.

According to the Financial Post, Apple just hosted a recruitment drive a short drive away from BlackBerry's Canadian headquarters.

In the Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre on Sept. 26, located in Cambridge, Ont. on the outskirts of the Kitchener-Waterloo region where BlackBerry was born, the iPhone maker invited local talent with the aim of luring them to their Silicon Valley operations.
    “Most positions will be based in Cupertino, CA.,” the Financial Post reports, citing a LinkedIn invite sent to an unknown number of BlackBerry employees. “Relocation and immigration assistance will be provided for candidates that are hired, as needed.”

Based on what sources close to Apple assert, the iPhone maker is very eager to scoop up as much appropriate talent as possible from BlackBerry.

Source: The Financial Post

Apple wouldn't be Apple if they didn't

They are hardly being poached if they are laid off. If black berry felt these employees were VALUABLE they would have kept them.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    They are hardly being poached if they are laid off. If black berry felt these employees were VALUABLE they would have kept them.
    Who's to say that some of the laid off people were relatively new hires with great ideas and talent? New hires are usually the low man on the totem pole and the first to go.

Thanks

Get them while they're hot haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad they are doing this. There are a lot of talented people at RIM and I would rather not see them go down with that ship.