Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple Board Upset with Lack of Innovation from Tim Cook

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Report: Apple Board Upset with Lack of Innovation from Tim Cook

Is a finger of blame over Apple's perceived lack of innovation being directed toward CEO Tim Cook?

According to an understandably controversial new report tonight, Apple's Board of Directors isn't happy about the shortage of dazzling new products and services coming out of Apple's pipeline these days.

FOX Business News, citing reliable sources, reports that Tim Cook is in the hot seat and will likely continue to feel the heat until Apple wows us once more with something new. Some inside of Apple don't believe that the company has really pushed anything innovative since the iPad mini was unveiled last October.

Since then, share prices have fallen, and criticisms have climbed.

"What have they had lately? They have had the iPad, they've had a few other things, but they don't have anything innovating from what came from Steve Jobs," FOX news correspondent Charlie Gasparino says. "And that concern is basically manifesting into pressure on Tim Cook to basically innovate - do something fast."

The pace of innovation at Apple isn't good enough for the board, it seems, although it doesn't look like Tim Cook is close to being dumped as CEO... yet.

Source: FOX Business News

Thanks

What about the new Mac Pro?

That is not a great sign for the new iPhone.

Apple DownFall OHHHH NOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master View Post
    That is not a great sign for the new iPhone.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    What about the new Mac Pro?
    They changed the shell and added a new usb port.

They are correct.. there has not been a single thing new yet.. and I think Steve left a lot of Innovationes behind somewhere.. but are they really taking care of it.

I didnt ilke Tim Cook from the beginning..only his style of to soft and not having a hard voice presenting things..

Well first of all. Mac Pro is something innovative at least for now. But iPads and iPhones aren't gonna cut it being the same shape and size and I think ios7 is fun and new and interesting due to it being the first change since the iPhone was born but I still think they need to redo it.

Also hasn't it been confirmed that Steve himself knew he was dieing so for the next 10 years he's created ideas and designs for new devices? Course they don't have to use his ideas.

Thanks

I have to agree.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    They changed the shell and added a new usb port.
    There is a lot more to the new Mac Pro than just the new case, however the case itself is a huge innovation as far as cooling designs go. The current Mac Pro is a monster... and produces a ton of heat, it regularly bakes my office when I am doing a lot (nice in the winter though). They packed more power into a machine that has the footprint of a CD and is only 10" tall.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2013-08-09)

Although I agree, I think Apple has a lot of unreleased stuff that they are perfecting before release. iTV and iWatch could be huge for them especially if they get a tv deal going.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    Although I agree, I think Apple has a lot of unreleased stuff that they are perfecting before release. iTV and iWatch could be huge for them especially if they get a tv deal going.
    I don't think we will see a true iTV until Apple is able to make a deal with program providers for television service.

There is a lot more to the new Mac Pro than just the new case, however the case itself is a huge innovation as far as cooling designs go. The current Mac Pro is a monster... and produces a ton of heat, it regularly bakes my office when I am doing a lot (nice in the winter though). They packed more power into a machine that has the footprint of a CD and is only 10" tall.
    It's probably not Tim's innovation
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

+1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would live to see a 4k display come from apple. Although it's not that innovative (it's already been done), it would be something new. And who knows, maybe they could market it as another retina display.

Apple started off selling just computers, they've slowly started to expand over the years. The iPod (2001), iPhone (2007), iPad (2010) and other products didn't just come one right after the other. Innovation takes time, you don't want to just throw some new product out and hope people like it. I think its pretty lame that the board is putting pressure on him, he's done a great job feeling in the massive shoes of Jobs. Apple will continue to do what they do best, spend time making the best products that they can.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (2013-08-09), JBizza84 (2013-08-09), slim.jim (2013-08-09)

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing new, I have been saying that since iPhone 4S

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    They are correct.. there has not been a single thing new yet.. and I think Steve left a lot of Innovationes behind somewhere.. but are they really taking care of it.

I didnt ilke Tim Cook from the beginning..only his style of to soft and not having a hard voice presenting things..
    Steve jobs gets way too much credit he really isn't as much an innovator as most people say look how many years it took to update the iPod and the MacBook like 10 years I don't understand why everyone thinks so much of him he's really no different than anyone else who's started up their own company. I've seen better ideas for apple products on forums than I've ever seen apple put out during and post Steve jobs

21. The Following User Says Thank You to xhazex9x For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (2013-08-09)

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

What do they expect from a supply chain expert?

iOS 7 tentatively looks good but everything else is simply resizing and tweaking old products to make more models, a la John Scully.

Google is the only large, truly innovative company. Unfortunately a lot of their software is stuck in advanced beta and languishes for years. But their hardware (Glasses, self driving car) is truly innovative and I hope it makes a strong profit for them eventually.

Well, you can't teach or hire an innovative CEO. Too bad for Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Steve jobs gets way too much credit he really isn't as much an innovator as most people say look how many years it took to update the iPod and the MacBook like 10 years I don't understand why everyone thinks so much of him he's really no different than anyone else who's started up their own company. I've seen better ideas for apple products on forums than I've ever seen apple put out during and post Steve jobs
    Um... Steve jobs pretty much reinvented the smart phone and resurrected apple back from the dead. Ya, he delivers ALL the credit!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast