Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Previews New Mac Pro

  1. #21
    It all depends... on the price. Six months ago I was pricing a new mac pro (I have a 2007 model) to use for computational work (in 2007 the mac pro was competitive with comparable 8-core machines of Dell/HP/...). Six months ago, a 12 core model with OLDER technology than Dell/HP/... had to offer was 40% more expensive! Went with the Dell, installed Linux and saved loads of $.

  2. #22
    This would definitely come in handy for film school!!

  3. #23
    What I'm wondering is where I'll put the four hard drives I have currently. (Whilst keeping the aesthetics I mean).

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    What I'm wondering is where I'll put the four hard drives I have currently. (Whilst keeping the aesthetics I mean).
    quick search on newegg and I found this, pretty good match actually, well almost.
    $100

    VANTEC NST-640SU3-BK Black External Enclosure - Newegg.com


  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    quick search on newegg and I found this, pretty good match actually, well almost.
    $100

    VANTEC NST-640SU3-BK Black External Enclosure - Newegg.com

    Not bad. Not as clean looking as I'd like but not bad. I suspect that in time the look will be refined to fit in with the Mac Pro, (hopefully).

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Not bad. Not as clean looking as I'd like but not bad. I suspect that in time the look will be refined to fit in with the Mac Pro, (hopefully).
    yeah, the price is not bad either. at first I thought you would have to get something like a Drobo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •