Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Funny how you guys are all suckin up to this guy now (because you think he's dying for the most part.) For years now people have trashed this guy on here about the "control freak issues", pricing and other things, now people are being two faced and feel they need to come here and cry about his depature?

Gag me with a spoon already... I for one am glad to see the guy leave, he's a total control freak not to mention a rip off artist by pricing his products at the ridiculous prices that they are. Talk about making a profit per product...you people are not helping either by buying the ****!
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Without Steve Jobs we wouldnt have these fantastic devices to JB. If he wasn't such a control freak the devices would never have sold and we wouldnt have iOS or Android.
    Sure, we would habe 'something' but I don't believe it would have been anywhere near as good without Mr. Jobs. Jailbreaking just makes a great device better, without Mr. Jobs a smartphone would probably still need a stylus - and they were niche products.
    I hope him stepping back like this is so he can concentrate on getting well and not the opposite.
    Good luck Mr. Jobs you have made lots of people's lives better, thank you.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Funny how you guys are all suckin up to this guy now (because you think he's dying for the most part.) For years now people have trashed this guy on here about the "control freak issues", pricing and other things, now people are being two faced and feel they need to come here and cry about his depature?
    If there were only 50 people ever posting on this site, you'd have a point. But there isn't so you don't. Haters, like yourself, still hate and fanboys still .. fan.

Personally I'm sad about this news. A little because I fear for what the company might not be any longer, but mostly because of what it implies, that is, his health.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AfterMercyFM View Post
    Anyone else think in that top picture he has an uncanny resemblance to Ashton Kutcher?
    That's what I thought, too!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

We gonna miss you Steve. Time to sell those figurines on ebay...

We will all miss you, Steve. Good luck and take care.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Stepping down now is the best thing for both Apple and Steve.

For all the annoyances over the last few years you can't argue the man turned around a company that kicked him out from the brink of bankruptcy to become one of the wealthiest companies in the world.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Best wishes Steve... you are the man.

Thanks

apple isn't apple anymore if jobs or wow isn't apart of it

Quote Originally Posted by konrads View Post
    They are good products. It is his greed that ***mod edit*** them up. Have you used a jailbroken iphone/ipad vs a locked down one ?
    exactly!

The unslaked avarice of Steve Jobs is pretty much what fuels ***mod edit*** and most other intemperate moderator activity around these parts and elsewhere. Were Steve a bit more timid, I doubt that mods would be so rapacious; and your posts would be left alone. Its his leadership that drives them on, and into a flurry of post edits and cleanups.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    exactly!

The unslaked avarice of Steve Jobs is pretty much what fuels ***mod edit*** and most other intemperate moderator activity around these parts and elsewhere. Were Steve a bit more timid, I doubt that mods would be so rapacious; and your posts would be left alone. Its his leadership that drives them on, and into a flurry of post edits and cleanups.
    Actually it is site rules that determine what posts get edited. You can have any opinion about Steve or anyone else that you want. Just be sure to stay within site rules when expressing them. Inappropriate language and insulting of other members are the two main reasons posts have been edited in this thread.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

I am saddened by this news... however I hope his future is the best it can be for him.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So now that Tim Cook is in charge, will Apple go back to using the Rainbow Apple Logo?

Sorry I had to

It'll be interesting to see what changes, if anything, over the next few years. It's safe to say Steve Jobs will always have a massive influence on the goings on at Apple until the day he dies, and even beyond that for some time.

I'd love to get the chance to meet him again in person. Had the honor before I ever knew it was an honor about 14 years ago. Back then he was just my Dads boss...how naive I was

Edit: Turns out I've met Tim Cook too. Definitely wouldn't have had any idea who he was.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 2011-08-25 at 06:50 PM.

Steve, 一路走好

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You can have any opinion about Steve or anyone else that you want.
    OReally? Because it seems to me that anytime someone presents an opinion that casts a negative light on Apple.....they get told to leave the sight or "why are you here?". If we can't even express ourselves neutrally and freely without being hounded by the Apple Fanatic Patrol, then how can we have "any opinion" we want?

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    OReally? Because it seems to me that anytime someone presents an opinion that casts a negative light on Apple.....they get told to leave the sight or "why are you here?". If we can't even express ourselves neutrally and freely without being hounded by the Apple Fanatic Patrol, then how can we have "any opinion" we want?

Just a thought.
    What u said is not just a thought u believe that and the way u said it sounds like your trying to force your opinion on to MMI thats probably why they ask those questions

It's sad to see him go after so long, I wonder what Tim Cook's(new CEO) email is so we can still send them ideas
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 2011-08-25 at 07:57 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Actually it is site rules that determine what posts get edited. You can have any opinion about Steve or anyone else that you want. Just be sure to stay within site rules when expressing them. Inappropriate language and insulting of other members are the two main reasons posts have been edited in this thread.
    .. how can we have "any opinion" we want? ...
    As Simon stated, the nature of your opinion is unimportant. Strong options are fine. What matters is how your opinion is expressed.

Inappropriate language and abuse are not allowed anywhere on MMi.

Those are the MMi forum rules. I suggest a thorough review.

Be nice, play nice, disagree if you want, but be respectful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Good riddance !!!

Android has triumphed, Samsung has broken his will and those frivolous lawsuits made him look like a fool.

Maybe Apple can get some of its dignity back with someone else in charge.

Android sucks and so does Samsung. Let's remember that the iPhone was the original smart phone >.>

Quote Originally Posted by konrads View Post
    They are good products. It is his greed that ***mod edit*** them up. Have you used a jailbroken iphone/ipad vs a locked down one ?

Not.

Damn you're hateful....

No matter what you think of Jobs, you can't deny he revolutionized the world with his products. I hope he's still around for many more years!
    Last edited by Simon; 2011-08-25 at 09:28 PM.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Just a thought.
    We cannot control other people's opinion's towards you if you are making negative posts towards Apple any more then we can control the negative comments so long as they are within rules. If the people that are responding to the negative comments break the site rules then their posts will be edited/deleted just the same.

We (the staff of MMi) all love Apple but also know they are not perfect (who is?). We welcome all opinions here as long as they are expressed within forum rules. Just dont be surprised if other people have differing opinions especially on a pro-Apple site.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tucnepo View Post
    steve, 一路走好
    -allthebest.jpg Nice

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast