Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 172

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: All Beatles Songs Now on iTunes

  1. #141
    I can honestly say that I couldn't care less about the Beatles. If I were to choose between a dollar or the best Beatles song, I'd always choose the dollar.

  2. #142
    I'm just curious what you all were expecting? Brand new iPhones for everyone? Free trips to Mars? A rub down by Jobs himself? Product releases are preceded by keynotes and software updates aren't given splash pages like this. You (yes, you) are pissed because you thought it was going to be a shiny new "something" or an updated "whatever" Congratulations...you drank the kool-aid. Here are your sneakers and track suit.
    Last edited by nhreminh; 2010-11-17 at 04:59 AM.

  3. #143
    the fact tht apple used their "power" of the front page just to hype up the beatles on itunes as a day you'll never forget is just ridiculous. guaranteed that most everyone will forget this within the next couple of weeks

  4. #144
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    You're missing the point. Most bands DON'T release their music for "name the price". You're "Steal: v. To take without the owner's consent"ing from them with the system that is currently widely used. That's cool if they let you name the price, but almost no band does. Artists have an inherent right of ownership to their artwork. To take their art in a way that is not permitted by them is violating that right.
    I was simply using those as argument supporting the notion that widespread piracy wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

    I honestly have no guilt about it whatsoever.

    Software piracy is an entirely different beast, however, and one that I firmly object and go out of my way to donate to devs of free software that I use.

  5. #145
    Super Moderator Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 945 Times in 709 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I was simply using those as argument supporting the notion that widespread piracy wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

    I honestly have no guilt about it whatsoever.

    Software piracy is an entirely different beast, however, and one that I firmly object and go out of my way to donate to devs of free software that I use.
    So you're both not going to tell me why the last thing I said was wrong, but you say that it is. You give up?

  6. #146
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    By law, sure they have that right. I don't think others should be able to profit off of their art or steal lyrics/chords to pass off as their own. Beyond that, it becomes something of the public's. Nothing wrong with putting albums up for sale (album would basically be a reward for your donation) as one way (of many) that your fans may support you. Go perform the music and you shall be compensated for it.

  7. #147
    Beatles what a joke ... Next time it will be the front camera on iPad which should have been already there at the first place ... They really revolution the world wowwwwww

  8. #148
    It was a poorly worded and thought out marketing ploy ....... or was it??

    OK, we're all massively disappointed that it's nothing major, but for apple they have generated huge interest in this non-event and probably sold a lot more Beatles music than they would have otherwise.

    I didn't even know the Beatles music wasn't on itunes!

    I watched Bjorn Borg vs. John McEnroe live last night, that was great entertainment and something I will never forget! So maybe apple were referring to that?

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    Really, grow up. It was a splash-screen for 24 hours. No commercial, no live event, no blimps, just a graphic.

    People like you made it a big deal.. "ZOMG! I hope it's streaming 1337|\|3$$!!" or "Yippeee! 4.2!!"

    Really? Streaming hasn't happened yet because it's not as profitable as selling the songs individually. Also, there's NO WAY that 4.2 is as big a deal to Apple/Steve Jobs, as it is to you.

    Is it a day "I'll never forget?" Not by a long shot, but it is pretty big news anyway.

    You should know that the Beatles were responsible for the groundwork that made Michael Jackson, Madonna, Backstreet Girls, and pretty much every "pop" genre today even possible.
    apple said its a day i wont forget but guess what i already forgot. so what are you talking about again, oh never mind dont remind i like the fact that i forgot.

    Quote Originally Posted by nhreminh View Post
    I'm just curious what you all were expecting? Brand new iPhones for everyone? Free trips to Mars? A rub down by Jobs himself? Product releases are preceded by keynotes and software updates aren't given splash pages like this. You (yes, you) are pissed because you thought it was going to be a shiny new "something" or an updated "whatever" Congratulations...you drank the kool-aid. Here are your sneakers and track suit.
    You must be a Jobs fan and a beatles lover. and that was a dumb comment. i dont recall anyone asking for a rub down, a free iphone or anything stupid like you said in your post.
    Last edited by ozzymonstar; 2010-11-17 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #150
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Maybe the splash page message yesterday was directed specifically at Yoko since she was so against this the entire time.

  11. #151
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lorderick70 View Post
    and Apple thought it was great ad or marketing?
    Worked perfectly! 10+ pages

  12. #152
    Super Moderator Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 945 Times in 709 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    By law, sure they have that right. I don't think others should be able to profit off of their art or steal lyrics/chords to pass off as their own. Beyond that, it becomes something of the public's. Nothing wrong with putting albums up for sale (album would basically be a reward for your donation) as one way (of many) that your fans may support you. Go perform the music and you shall be compensated for it.
    Let me in on your logic. Why isn't software a "public thing" but art is? They're both usually just a digital file you get enjoyment out of. Hell, a lot of software IS just art. All those entertainment apps like Pocket Pond and Uzu, why can't we just pirate those into the ground?

  13. #153
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Tough for programmers to go on tour.

  14. #154
    Super Moderator Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 945 Times in 709 Posts

    Well what the hell should stop bands from being able to sell their content online like developers do without it getting pirated? Why is a recording "the public's" anyway? I'm not getting it. Just because they can't pour their heart and soul into a live concert all the time it should be free? Bottom line: stealing is to take something without the owner's consent, 99% of all recorded music isn't free, you have to obtain it through ways the owner allows or it's stealing.

  15. #155
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    You're right, it is stealing, and it is illegal. I didn't disagree with that.

    Honestly I don't care anymore. For me, I've poured more money into the music industry since I started pirating music through concerts, merchandise, occasional album purchases, etc., than I ever did in all the years of legitimately buying CDs. Perhaps that is why I don't feel guilty about it.

  16. #156
    Super Moderator Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 945 Times in 709 Posts

    …

  17. #157
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    It soo easy to buy cheap cd's/albums at yard sales, flea markets, close-outs, etc and rip ... no reason to steal

  18. #158
    I hope you all know Apple doesn't care what you think about the Beatles, they're making money despite all your whining, bottom line. Check the iTunes charts.
    word

  19. #159
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    Even then the money from those items bought there don't go to the artist directly. That is the big fuss right now in the video game industry. Trade-ins and used games.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post
    Anybody still bummed ACDC still isn't on iTunes?
    i am.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •