funny issue i am having. I was running ios5 beta 4 on my verizon iphone 4, and i decided that i no longer wanted to deal with all the bugs, and i wanted a cleaner jailbreak on my device. I had my SHSH blobs saved for 4.2.6,8,and 10. I know that the beta will not let you use SHSH to downgrade so i downgraded first to 4.2.10. The downgrade went well, however when i went to complete the process and use SHSH to downgrade back to 4.2.8, i ran into some issues. Itunes is able to verify the restore with apple, and the process goes all the way through into the firmware restore process, where the restore crashes and gives me an error code (1). I am using tinyumbrella while doing this process and i have tried the downgrade to 4.2.6 as well and had the same problem. The funny portion of this is that when i want to get the phone out of DFU loop, Tinyumbrella cannot do it, and i need to restore it back to 4.2.10, however itunes will get stuck at the same firmware restore point unless i delete the last 2 lines that tinyumbrella has written into my hosts file.

So, ultimately i would like to know if anyone else has had this problem, and if anyone has any insight into how i might be able to restore my device back down to anything lower than 4.2.10.

Thank you