Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ios5 to anything

Default ios5 to anything
    tried downgrading to 4.2.8. all i got was to the emergency call screen and thats it. Tried just restoring and updating from itunes 10.4 and i get itunes error 1. I cant do anything, anyway to restore phone to previous state, if i use snowbreeze it will load but again the emergency call screen i cant get past. Please help ive tried everything

Thanks
    Pretty simple actually lol i ran into this issue before. Go ahead and try it again, make sure however your using TinyUmbrella's TSS Server. Restore using a clean 4.2.8 IPSW and that should get you through. You'll eventually run into a 1013 error i believe, when it does, close itunes and on TinyUmbrella, hit Fix Recovery. It should reboot and you'll be back on the stock firmware! Just kill TU and re-open iTunes and set up your iPhone.

coulda swore i tried that but i ll try again.

my progress bar on phone gets to about 3/4 done then error 1. Any idea?

dont know what else to do, ive been at this for hours. I ll take any firmware, just a working phone.

could it be that the phones in the recovery loop? how do i get out of that? tinyumbrella wont highlight kick out of recovery no matter what i do
    Last edited by nine8teg; 2011-08-06 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks
    no you don't wanna kick it out of recovery. My guess is something doesn't get restored right when its updating it so TU fixes it to get you out of restore. When it gets about 3/4 of the way and it gives you the error try going back into TU and make sure that your iDevice is highlighted. It should give you the option to fix it. Let me know how it goes!

i brought it to verizon and they were able to restore it from the store, so now i got my phone working on 4.2.10. Thanks for all the help

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nine8teg View Post
    i brought it to verizon and they were able to restore it from the store, so now i got my phone working on 4.2.10. Thanks for all the help
    Awesome! Sorry I couldn't help much lol

ok now i wanna downgrade 4.2.10 but im scared, lol. Tiny umbrella says i have blobs from 4.2.8, but could i use a custom 4.2.6 with snowbreeze? I dont wanna start and not be able to get my phone working again

I can't really address the rest, but

could i use a custom 4.2.6 with snowbreeze?
    Without 4.2.6 blobs, no.

but with 4.2.8 i can? i never had 4.2.8 on my iphone but i have a blob according to TU. Do i have to edit the hosts file in order to avoid errors, and anyone know what error 1 is?

i had the same issues, the only way i was even able to get the phone back to working order (out of the seemingly recovery loop), was to close TU and delete the last 2 lines that it had written into my hosts file, at that point itunes was able to complete the restore to 4.2.10.

but with 4.2.8 i can? i never had 4.2.8 on my iphone but i have a blob according to TU.
    If you ran TU with your phone connected, when Apple was still signing 4.2.8, then TU would have saved signed blobs for 4.2.8.
    If you run it now, it should save 5.0b3 and 4.2.10 blobs. Its not dependent on what you have on your phone, only what Apple is signing at the moment.

So, 4.2.8 (and whatever custom firmware you like) should work. I'll let someone else address the other issues.

since verizon was able to restore my phone when i couldnt, was that due to the hosts file being messed up from TU? If i install itunes on my laptop i should be able to restore to 4.2.10 if the downgrade doesnt work, right?

So long as you have your blobs the downgrade will work.... Just went through this same rigamarole yesterday... When you get to the 3/4 point and get the 1,2, or 1013 error, don't try and kick it out of recovery.... Just stop the tss server and ( given you have installed any 4.xx firmware lower than 4.2.10) run greenpois0n. This will boot your iPhone back up into whatever version you were trying to install in iTunes. When it boots, the cydia installer that gp gives you may not work ( as it did not for me). But just use jailbreak me and you will be fine. I have been running this set up for 2 days now and have rebooted plenty of times with no booting issues, this is very stable.

If your on iOS 5 beta u can downgrade to anything?