Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iPhone 4 on 4.2.10

Exclamation Jailbreak iPhone 4 on 4.2.10
    I'm on 4.2.8 jailbroken with snowbreeze and I dont like snowbreeze. I want to know if 4.2.10 is jailbreakable i don't care if it's tether or not?

I don't like snowbreeze

What don't you like about snowbreeze?

There isn't a stable JB out for 4.2.10. There might not ever be.
    It's possible an upcoming Redsnow will be able to give you a tethered JB, but I wouldn't count on that.
    The tethered JB for 4.2.9 and 4.3.4/4.3.5 are considered experimental and intended for "kernel hackers only".

You're really better off staying where you are right now.
    If your system is otherwise mucked up and you have SHSH blobs saved, try loading a clean 4.2.8 + JB.

Upgrading is a really poor idea at this point in time.

So it would be foolish to update? So you don't know when a stable jailbreak comes out?

As raduga said, there will most likely NEVER be a jailbreak for 4.2.10(untethered anyway) because 4.2.10 patched i0n1cs untether exploit so they would have to find a new exploit and waste it on a firmware that doesn't even add any features which is just not going to happen. Unless you have your 4.2.8 SHSH blobs you will have to go without a jailbreak until they figure out how to run a tethered jailbreak or until iOS5 is released and jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierUnkown View Post
    So it would be foolish to update?
    Yes, it would be foolish.

So you don't know when a stable jailbreak comes out?
    If I knew when a stable jailbreak was coming out, I wouldn't have added it to my forum signature.

ok here is my problem .... i have a jb iphone 4 with verizon currently jb with green poison now look i am so new to this whole thing i love my jb phone its running on the 4.2.6 i need to restore it do to a little glitch but i dont want to have to update it please help anyone .... i am running out of ideas .... my mother also has a verizon iphone we accidently upgeaded from 4.2.8 to the 4.2.10 it was not jb ... thts the thing i want to also downgrade her back to 4.2.8 so i am able to jb .... like i said tht i am new to this so i need extra help so if ur reading this u may think im an idiot lol u would be right when it comes to computers and stuff like this lol ... now i also could deal with the glitch in my phone until they come out with a untethered jb ... any advice would be apperciated...