Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Total Back Up of Jail Broke Verizon Iphone 4 is it possible without Itunes

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamaqtpa2t's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Total Back Up of Jail Broke Verizon Iphone 4 is it possible without Itunes
    My Iphone 4 is jailbroke and tricked out. I am concerned as I hate Itunes the last time I plugged in it almost updated me and I don't want to ever use itunes again. Is there a good way to backup everything I have done to this phone to date so if there is a crash I would get a total restore. Any help please be thorough as I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks
    Well when you restore you don't want to restore from a back-up lol it can cause a lot of problems. My suggestion is that you go ahead and plug into iTunes (i share your pain :/ ) and on the iPhone summary page, go to the Info section and makes sure all your contacts, calendars and what-nots are set to sync. As far as the updating the iPhone part, next time it asks you, there is a box that says "Don't remind me" or something like that. Check that off and hit cancel or no thanks. That'll keep iTunes from asking you over and over. Another thing you might wanna do is download iFaith from ih8snow.com and dump your SHSH Blobs for your firmware. That way IN CASE you accidentally update (or the pesky younger sibling does it for you), you can restore back to it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EMTZ13 For This Useful Post:

chipvn (2011-09-06)