Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok i got my iPhone back from Best Buy

Default Ok i got my iPhone back from Best Buy
    Ok well I got it back and luckily it came with 4.2.8 firmware so i dont have to worry about downgrading. Im about to save my SHSH blops. Does jailbreakme work properly with verizon iphone? i hear people were having issues where it constantly froze on cydia. Does the PDF patch 2 fix it?

Jailbreakme works perfectly. I jailbroke my Verizon iPhone 4 about 2 weeks ago with it. I think it's the easiest and safest way to jailbreak.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Personal opinion, I'd suggest using redsn0w. I have seen lots of complaints about bugginess with jailbreakme on 4.2.8 after a couple weeks of use. But I've always been a redsn0w/pwnagetool type of person so perhaps I'm biased but no really, if you want the most stability and reliability I would recommend redsn0w.

I used to jailbreak with greenp0ison but then I tried jailbreakme and it works the same and my phone is just as stable as ever.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I'm not disagreeing with you being around here as much as I am I see a lot of other people, not including yourself, that have problems with jailbreakme.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I also have not had issues with jailbreakme. That said, it's so easy. Just do it and see. If it doesn't work well, redo it with redsnow.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Just ensure if a rejailbreak is needed, a restore should be done first otherwise running a jailbreak over a jailbreak can cause problems.