Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent. Someone Help Please. Jailbreaking Problems.

Default Urgent. Someone Help Please. Jailbreaking Problems.
    I'm using IPSW 4.2.8 and I wanted to re-jailbreak my phone. I did everything correctly and when I shift clicked to pick the sn0wbreeze ipsw, everything started going just fine. At the top of itunes it got all the way to "preparing iPhone for restore" than the screen kinda flickered and it said "itunes has detected a device in recovery mode" and it didn't restore. My screen is just white.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Redo it. It may have hiccupped and therefore needs to be redone.

I have, 3 times or so. I even tried just restoring it to a regular ipsw

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are you putting your device into dfu before restoring to the custom fw?

Yes, I do it than it goes to "Preparing iPhone for restore" then itunes just kinda blinks and yeah. /:

Also, I'm using the latest version of iTunes, I believe its 10.3.3 ? Is this okay.
    Last edited by RoGueSxHoLLoW; 2011-07-19 at 12:55 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Here is a guide that should help you out. Why it is not working is beyond me. I have only tampered with a few verizon iphones and they have all come out fine.

Jailbreak 4.2.8 On Verizon iPhone 4 Untethered And iOS 4.3.3 On Windows Using Sn0wbreeze 2.7 [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

ok here is my problem .... i have a jb iphone 4 with verizon currently jb with green poison now look i am so new to this whole thing i love my jb phone its running on the 4.2.6 i need to restore it do to a little glitch but i dont want to have to update it please help anyone .... i am running out of ideas .... my mother also has a verizon iphone we accidently upgeaded from 4.2.8 to the 4.2.10 it was not jb ... thts the thing i want to also downgrade her back to 4.2.8 so i am able to jb .... like i said tht i am new to this so i need extra help so if ur reading this u may think im an idiot lol u would be right when it comes to computers and stuff like this lol ... now i also could deal with the glitch in my phone until they come out with a untethered jb ... any advice would be apperciated...