Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 beta to iOS 4.2.6 if needed...

Exclamation iOS 5 beta to iOS 4.2.6 if needed...
    Hey folks! I just downloaded iTunes 10.5 beta yesterday and used XCode to upgrade to iOS Beta 5. I'm noticing bad battery drain but I'm still going to test iOS 5 beta for a bit. Just wondering the EXACT steps I would need to take to go from iOS 5 beta to iOS 4.2.6 and then jailbreak via Greenpois0n. I do have SHSH 4.2.6 saved by the way. I perform all mods on my MBP. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

@BigTechTony

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you just need to put phone in DFU mode then hold option click restore and select the 4.2.6 ipsw. i believe for the verizon iphone 4.2.6 is the latest firmware so you dont need to do anything with the saved SHSH files. Apple is still signing the firmware as long as its the latest. if its not pm me and i can help you with using tiny umbrella if you need it

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

correction, 4.2.8 is the latest firmware for the verizon iphone.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if 4.2.8 is the latest then you will need to use tiny umbrella when you restore but it will work just fine.

Default Been there!
    I downgraed back to 4.2.6 from 4.2.8 twice and here's what I did.

1. Start tinyumbrella make sure your shsh is showing on the screen. Turn on the tss server.

2. open itunes and hold shift while clicking restore

3. choose the 4.2.6 ipsw and let itunes do its thing.

4. mine both times I downgraded would throw an error 1013 and itunes would say iphone is recovery mode it has to be restored blah, blah, blah. close itunes

5 start greenpoison and put in dfu mode. I found the easiest thing was to press home and sleep at same time until I hear the ding dong from my PC letting me know something disconnected, then let go of sleep button and wait for the ding from the pc letting your know something has connected. Then click the jailbreak button. When Greenpoison finished your good to go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TCuz View Post
    I downgraed back to 4.2.6 from 4.2.8 twice and here's what I did.

1. Start tinyumbrella make sure your shsh is showing on the screen. Turn on the tss server.

2. open itunes and hold shift while clicking restore

3. choose the 4.2.6 ipsw and let itunes do its thing.

4. mine both times I downgraded would throw an error 1013 and itunes would say iphone is recovery mode it has to be restored blah, blah, blah. close itunes

5 start greenpoison and put in dfu mode. I found the easiest thing was to press home and sleep at same time until I hear the ding dong from my PC letting me know something disconnected, then let go of sleep button and wait for the ding from the pc letting your know something has connected. Then click the jailbreak button. When Greenpoison finished your good to go.

Im trying this method and after greenpoison goes through im still in dfu mode

any suggestions?

Jailbreaking with green poison after restoring back to 4.2.6 was the only way I could get mine out of DFU.

Try going through the steps to enter DFU and see if tiny umbrella gives you the option to fix dfu.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TCuz View Post
    Jailbreaking with green poison after restoring back to 4.2.6 was the only way I could get mine out of DFU.

Try going through the steps to enter DFU and see if tiny umbrella gives you the option to fix dfu.
    WHat version of tiny umbrella are you using?

And what version of Greenpoison are you using?? Everything Ive tried so far just puts me back into recovery mode. But also I have my 4.2.6 blob saved locally on my cpu with ifaith
    Last edited by illadope; 2011-06-11 at 05:49 AM.

Tiny is version 4.33.02
    Green is version RC6.1
    itunes version 10.22.14

I used tiny to save shsh. these are the only programs i used to restore mine using the above method. Note that I did have to enter dfu(solid black screen) manually before using GP. It was already in restore mode(display had usb plug and itunes logo). After GP did its thing all was good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigtechtony View Post
    Hey folks! I just downloaded iTunes 10.5 beta yesterday and used XCode to upgrade to iOS Beta 5. I'm noticing bad battery drain but I'm still going to test iOS 5 beta for a bit. Just wondering the EXACT steps I would need to take to go from iOS 5 beta to iOS 4.2.6 and then jailbreak via Greenpois0n. I do have SHSH 4.2.6 saved by the way. I perform all mods on my MBP. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

@BigTechTony
    Just a heads up - once you're on 5.0 - your only downgrade option as of now is to uninstall itunes 5, re - install itunes 3, enter DFU mode, then select restore. itunes 5 won't let you go back past 5.0 OS. itunes 3 will think it needs to update, because it will not recognize 5.0 being 4.2.8 is the latest, so it will restore and "upgrade".
    I did twice already. It sucks, but it's the only way to get out of 5.0. Hope that helps.

Default hairdresser
    Are there some who know a good hairdresser?
    Frisør

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello everyone, you must go back to the old iTunes. This is the problem.

How did you go back to iTunes 10.3? I uninstalled iTunes 10.5b2 then installed iTunes 10.3, when I tried to run iTunes it told me the iTunes playlist file was created by a newer version of iTunes and it could not read it. I have no problem downgrading from iOS 5 to iOS 4.2.8 with iTunes 10.5b1 or 10.5b2 BTW. It just seems that iTunes 10.5 is super laggy.

Default Learn How To Make Money Online
    Hi! I'm Andy I want to offer my Cool Product. Take a look at this Mobile Marketing Business: Make Money Online

Do you believe in making money fast?

Mobile marketing can be the answer… if you work the right way. In order to see quick results, you need a way to streamline your work. After all, if you can work fast, making money fast is much easier… Our Mobile Marketing training can help you do just that!

Did you know that SMS texting has quickly turned into an incredibly successful way to reach new prospects? In fact, text messages have a read rate of over 97%... That's more than email and direct mail!

Making Money Fast with SMS Texting Mobile Marketing . You will begin to use and learn how to start Making Money Online, Make Money Online fast, SMS Text Messaging, and Mobile Marketing (to local businesses) with this Home Based Business.

Default Soccer Predictions - How Can You Beat the Bookies?
    Higher college football gamers who just want to play the game in college are often confronted with unfamiliar phrases whenever they end up being involved with the university football recruiting process. In particular, they'll in many cases hear on the "redshirt," as well as the "grayshirt" and "greenshirt" - phrases that refer to player recruiting and player improvement approaches used by various colleges in recruiting for football.

NCAA (Nationwide Collegiate Athletic Association) policies enable a university football player five decades to complete his 4 seasons of eligibility. That fifth 12 months during which the player does not compete about the subject, despite the fact that he practices and gets his scholarship equally as another player on the football scholarship, is known as the redshirt yr. Mostly, new recruits are redshirted their freshman year given that they tend to must have significantly more time for you to produce as school players who can contribute into the achievement on the staff. A freshman player who plays in video games during his foremost calendar year on campus (he isn't really redshirted) can have only 3 extra many years to play, but a freshman who does not play in games in the course of his to begin with year in university (he is redshirted) will nevertheless have 4 more several years of playing eligibility after that first of all yr.

A great school player gets a greenshirt or is "greenshirted" when he graduates early from significant college and thereby forgoes his spring semester there to ensure that he can enroll in college for that semester. Almost unheard of until eventually recent decades, the greenshirt permits great college gamers to participate in spring practice with his college team, develop his football skills and comprehending of your team's system in the course of the spring and summer months, and potentially start off enjoying in games the following fall. This product presents a player and also the college staff an early get started on preparing to play football in university, but arrives on the cost of leaving superior school early, which could or might not be the right long-term method to get a student.
    soccer picks
    A player will get a grayshirt or is "grayshirted" when he indications a letter of intent on signing day in February, but won't enter university full-time right up until the following spring in lieu of the adhering to drop. He does not get a scholarship, practice while using group, or have a full-time load of university programs until his spring enrollment. Grayshirting a player lets a university to indicator a player, but delay his play in games for yet another yr. In effect, grayshirting provides a player an alternative yr of practice prior to play, since the NCAA-mandated five-year eligibility time period doesn't start off until a college student is enrolled full-time. School applications that have by now awarded close the highest number authorized underneath NCAA guidelines are compelled to sign a minor recruiting class, and they're most keen on players who are ready to grayshirt.

I had issues downgrading to iTunes 10.3 also. I restored 10.5 beta 2 and stuck my phone in DFU mode and and Shift Click Restored to 4.2.8 with no problems. Still using beta 2 and syncing just fine.

Default Site Suggestions - Panda Research Scam
    I thought I would let folks know about this excellent website should anyone else requires panda research scam. You’ve most likely noticed lots of sites promising you that you can make big bucks from the comfort and ease of your individual residence, to become wealthy just by browsing the Web, to get paid out for supplying your opinions, or to score some swift money basically by completing on-line surveys. And of training course, you’ve probably imagined that most of these offers are just also great to be true—and you’re appropriate. But a single of them is distinct. Panda Research is an online, compensated survey internet site that will truly give you income in trade for your sincere opinion—simple as that.

Of training course, not everybody is on board with this. Some folks have been burned by other, equivalent presents, and have as a result composed this off as a Panda Research Scam. But don’t hear to them. If you purchase into the principle of a Panda Research Scam, you’re essentially acquiring your way out of a established, verified, and reliable way to get paid basically by filling out surveys and supplying your sincere two cents value.

Yes, of study course: Some of these sites truly are ripoffs. But at the very same time, it is actually and honestly accurate that marketers need to have the views of normal individuals just like you. They want target groups, methods to get their products tested and responded to by standard customers. They need to know how nicely the items actually perform so they know how greatest to industry them.

ok here is my problem .... i have a jb iphone 4 with verizon currently jb with green poison now look i am so new to this whole thing i love my jb phone its running on the 4.2.6 i need to restore it do to a little glitch but i dont want to have to update it please help anyone .... i am running out of ideas .... my mother also has a verizon iphone we accidently upgeaded from 4.2.8 to the 4.2.10 it was not jb ... thts the thing i want to also downgrade her back to 4.2.8 so i am able to jb .... like i said tht i am new to this so i need extra help so if ur reading this u may think im an idiot lol u would be right when it comes to computers and stuff like this lol ... now i also could deal with the glitch in my phone until they come out with a untethered jb ... any advice would be apperciated...