Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to restore 4.2.6

Default Need to restore 4.2.6
    Hi guys I am new to the iPhone scene. Had Winmo devices for years. Knew all the ins and outs of those but this thing is a bit different! I got mine the day they came and Jailbroke it a week or two later using Greenpoison. After I installed Cydia I remember it asking a question about storing something on their server to make life easier. I guess it stored my SHSH (whatever that is).

The start of my problems. I plugged my phone into a Transactive Mobile loudspeaker that has a built in ipod dock at my sonís gymnastics school. I got a message about this device isn't fully supported, blah, blah.... After clicking away from the message it wouldn't play through the mobile PA loudspeaker. Undock and the sound came back. Her iPhone will play but mine wouldn't; go figure.

The big issue. Since then my earpiece speaker sounds buzzy and crackly if the sound is above 4 clicks. Kinda like the input level is too high and clipping before it hits the amplifier. Everything else sounds fine. I want to restore my phone but I want to restore it back to 4.2.6 like whatís on it now and rebreak with Greenpoison.

How do I restore back to the same 4.2.6. I read that apple stopped signing 4.2.6. This signing thing, isn't that why Cydia wanted to store something? If so, can someone point my in the right direction for some directions on how to restore without having to upgrade? I tried searching but the search feature failed to even find results on 4.2.6

I want to see if a clean firmware load will straighten it out before taking it to the Genius bar and ending up with a new phone at 4.2.8. I can't live without my sbsettings and myWi.

Thanks,

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Download tiny umbrella and press save SHSH with your device connected. That will tell you firmware you can restore to.

Thanks, Simon. I will try that when I get home tonight. Also the links in your sig gave me a good kick in the right direction!

Oh so happy! After clicking the save shsh button in tiny umbrella it did find a shsh for 4.2.6. and 4.2.8 I guess that means I can load 4.2.6 again to see if corrects my sound issue.

I got error 1013. Instructions say 1004 and 1015 are expected but says nothing about 1013. What do I need to do before I go any further?

Crap, darn thing stuck at the window showing a usb plug and the itunes logo.
    Last edited by TCuz; 2011-05-21 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Download tiny umbrella, put the phone into DFU, then press the "fix recovery" button.

OK...... after pounding it with greenpoison it finally went into dfu, jailbroke, and now itunes is restoring a backup.

Hopefully my sound issue will be fixed. If not I will let itunes do an update and off to the genius bar we go.

Update 5/24/2011

I let it update to 4.2.8 to see what would happen, needed to do that before taking it into the store anyway. Sound issue still there, guess it's bad hardware.

I have been reading and trying to figure out which way I need to go to Jailbreak the replacement that I most likley will end up with. I also bet it will have 4.2.8 on it. Which means no Greenpoison. I liked greenpoison it was so easy to jailbreak with. Click start and let it finish.

I see two choices now, redsnow and snowbreeze. I downloaded snowbreeze to take a gander at it. Seemed to be the least confusing of the two after reading. At one point it wants you to choose a methode. One is something about saving a baseband (by the way what is that), one is easy and the last is expert. All I want to do is install cydia so I can get sbsettings, mywi and photoalbums plus back on it.

Whats my easiest option to accomplish that task? If its the snowbreeze which methode do I choose and whats the version of snowbreeze I need?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by TCuz; 2011-05-24 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok here is my problem .... i have a jb iphone 4 with verizon currently jb with green poison now look i am so new to this whole thing i love my jb phone its running on the 4.2.6 i need to restore it do to a little glitch but i dont want to have to update it please help anyone .... i am running out of ideas .... my mother also has a verizon iphone we accidently upgeaded from 4.2.8 to the 4.2.10 it was not jb ... thts the thing i want to also downgrade her back to 4.2.8 so i am able to jb .... like i said tht i am new to this so i need extra help so if ur reading this u may think im an idiot lol u would be right when it comes to computers and stuff like this lol ... now i also could deal with the glitch in my phone until they come out with a untethered jb ... any advice would be apperciated...

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so here are the things you need to do. First you need to save your shsh blobs for 4.2.6. If you don't know how, search for it in YouTube. Next you need to restore your phone to factory settings. Then you can look on YouTube for a video on how to downgrade your iPhone back 4.2.6. It doesn't matter if they say from 4.2.7 to 4.2.6. The only thing that matters in the video is it's has back to 4.2.6. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    Ok so here are the things you need to do. First you need to save your shsh blobs for 4.2.6. If you don't know how, search for it in YouTube. Next you need to restore your phone to factory settings. Then you can look on YouTube for a video on how to downgrade your iPhone back 4.2.6. It doesn't matter if they say from 4.2.7 to 4.2.6. The only thing that matters in the video is it's has back to 4.2.6. Hope this helps
    ok the thing is i did use tiny umbrella to save the shsh blobs but when i click shift and restore in itunes im not getting any pop ups for the firm ware i need .... unfortunately the videos dont make much sense to me lol like i said im an idiot when it comes to this stuff

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

You have to download the 4.2.6 firmware. Google 4.2.6 download and download it. Then when you shift restore, you will see it where you downloaded it