Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.2.8 jailbreak worth it?

Default 4.2.8 jailbreak worth it?
    is it worth doing this if you are jailbroken on 4.2.7?? or better to wait? and is it necessary to delete host file? cause i dont know how to do that at all lol... or is it only if thers ..... and to do this is it ok that im already jailbroken on 4.2.7 and just restore with custom firmware?

thanks again for the imput simon... when would u recommend is best to jailbreak again?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

When a worthwhile update comes out. 4.2.8 had literally nothing useful in it.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Probably iOS 5

Anything that has a more "major" update, like Simon said rather something useful, is worth the update.

people are saying that 4.2.7 draining battery faster... anyone notice that? i wish greenpoison would release an easy jailbreak that doesnt involve restoring the phone and losing all the apps.... i guess ill wait it out till next upgrade

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I haven't heard much on that actually. It could be a number of things that could cause the drain but I wouldn't be surprised if 4.2.7 actually had something to do with it.

i notice mine to be the same..... drains the same way it did with 4.2.6 not a big change... but who knows maybe it is .... have you noticed bat drain I.Annie?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

No idea lol. I am still on 4.2.6. I don't wanna update until something more major comes out.

i updated to 4.2.7 cause i didnt wanna worry that i had the old firmware now 4.2.8 comes out and im like screw it im not upgrading

Anything that has a more "major" update, like Simon said rather something useful, is worth the update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ipad 2 keyboard ipad 2 Soft cases ipad 2 keyboard cases

if you're on iOS 4.2.6, i'd say to just stay there...if you don't like apple to save your location data, you can download a tweak on cydia to prevent it.

just used pkgbackup.. up and running in 30 minutes..
    No Sig Spam

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Still on 4.2.6...
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!