Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.2.8 pushfix untether. (Haven't tried it yet)

Default 4.2.8 pushfix untether. (Haven't tried it yet)
    I found this on a website that was talking about jailbreaking Verizon 4.2.8. It said there was a pushfix on the repo: Cydia.pushfix.info
    install 'Verizon untether for 4.2.8'
    reboot

Does anybody know if this works? I would try it but my iPhone isn't jailbroken right now.

Here is the web page I found it at.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emerica6708 For This Useful Post:

Rami123 (2011-05-10)

Seems a little weird, when u use the sn0w program to make the custom Ipsw. Its already untethered, I restarted my phone right after and also turned it off. It booted up fine with no problem and I still have my jailbreak capabilities.

I was thinking the same thing, why would that be on a tut using sn0wbreeze. Either way thought it might help the people that used....redsn0w I think it is, I believe that's a tethered jailbreak.

I think they globally changed 4.2.7 to 4.2.8 and didn't remove that last part. The pushfix was required for untethered jailbreak if you were on 4.2.7 and already had a tethered jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by homerbrew View Post
    I think they globally changed 4.2.7 to 4.2.8 and didn't remove that last part. The pushfix was required for untethered jailbreak if you were on 4.2.7 and already had a tethered jailbreak.
    I was thinking that too, but if that was a tut for how to jailbreak 4.2.7 and they just changed it to 4.2.8 then the pushfix wouldn't be there because if you used sn0wbreeze to jailbreak 4.2.7 you were already untethered.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Its teathered until u use the pushfix for 4.2.7 or a custom 4.2.8 wit snow.. Ran thru red.. Then activated via itunes.. Tha pushfix wouldnt install on 4.2.8

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand why you guys are using PushFix anyway. Your Push notifications aren't coming through on 4.2.7/4.2.8?

No maaaaan... Cydia.pushfix.info...
    Theres an unteather in the repo for 4.2.7...

Their is no need to download a patch for 4.2.8 if u use the snow breeze method. If u use the resnow method for iOS 4.2.7 then u can download a patch to make it untethered.