Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.2.8 jailbreak

Default 4.2.8 jailbreak
    Super easy follow it step by step. I did not have any errors. Only thing u want to do is delete the ip string inside the host file. if u run into a error in iTunes. It's the ip string all the way at the bottom of the host file. Open inside notepad and run it as administrator. Any problems I'm here to lend a helping hand.

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...-2.7-tutorial/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

emerica6708 (2011-05-15)

What host file should I delete the ip in? Where is the host file located? (kinda new to this.)

Thx

U have to delete the host file if ur on windows. Go to start,the find the notepad app. Right click on it run as administrator. Then go to open c:/windows,system 32, drivers,ect. Then under file types click all files. U are going to look for the hosts file. Open it go all the way to the bottom. Delete all the strings on the bottom looks like a wifi address. That's all then save the file over the original one and close iTunes and try again to update.

I just googled and found it, thanks for the quick reply though, I'm going to try again tomorrow. If it messes up I'm to tired to deal with it tonight.
    I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Anytime ur welcome. Yea let me know how it turns out.

Hey bro, it worked! IDK if it was the hosts file or what but its working. Thanks lots

Anytime have fun

hi, do you know if i restore my iphone with the custom ipsw will everything i have on my phone be deleted? example music previous jailbroken apps and etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    U have to delete the host file if ur on windows. Go to start,the find the notepad app. Right click on it run as administrator. Then go to open c:/windows,system 32, drivers,ect. Then under file types click all files. U are going to look for the hosts file. Open it go all the way to the bottom. Delete all the strings on the bottom looks like a wifi address. That's all then save the file over the original one and close iTunes and try again to update.
    is it worth doing this if you are jailbroken on 4.2.7?? and do i need to do this only if theres issues with updating on itunes? i mean deleting the host file ..... and to do this is it ok that im already jailbroken on 4.2.7