Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I've done the impossible i bricked my ipod

Default I've done the impossible i bricked my ipod
    After dozens of jailbreaks and downgrades, i think i might have bricked my iPod Touch. Heres what happened. Today I used the newly released PwnageTool from iphone-dev.org. That worked all fine and dandy. Next I tried upgrading to 1.2 aka "2.0" and that worked but I got the pink screen and iTunes said that it was not registered blah blah blah. So i tried using liberty+ to activate it but it stuck 3/4s of the way through and now my iPod is f***ed. It is booting and rebooting over and over and will never get past the apple logo. I've tried everything to get it into recovery mode even iphuc but nothing works. It is in an endless rebooting loop and I don't know what to do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres what you can do to fix it. Hold down the top button and the home button for several seconds until the phone turns off. Continue to hold the home button and plug in the ipod. Keep holding the home button until you see an iTunes logo with a plug under it. At this point, just restore to 1.1.4 in iTunes. If you can't use the ipod on the first restore. Perform it a second time. Hope this works for you!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOX9AG7W_c"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOX9AG7W_c[/ame]

Easy way if you dont know how.
    Last edited by kmac1622; 2008-04-04 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Stuff

Default i know
    I understand how to do that. My iPod is not responding at all. It reboots itself every ten seconds or so. It freezes at the apple logo then it reboots. It will not respond to the normal ways of getting it into recovery mode. I cant hold down the buttons it doesn't work

now the connect to itunes image comes up for like 3 seconds and then the ipod reboots again.
    Last edited by zachsilvey; 2008-04-04 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Go to the nearest Apple store near you or all hell will break loose. Seriously, seems like a pretty f-ed up iPod.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks

No, I am not mocking you. You could use your iTunes account if Apple asks you.

well i had a friend send in a fully jailbroken ipot and they gave him a new one

Thanks

What? WTF, I could've just done that with my messed up iPod touch (I got a new one now).

Yo mine is doing the same exact thing after 2.0, I will let you know once I fix it lol

Quote Originally Posted by zachsilvey View Post
    After dozens of jailbreaks and downgrades, i think i might have bricked my iPod Touch. Heres what happened. Today I used the newly released PwnageTool from iphone-dev.org. That worked all fine and dandy. Next I tried upgrading to 1.2 aka "2.0" and that worked but I got the pink screen and iTunes said that it was not registered blah blah blah. So i tried using liberty+ to activate it but it stuck 3/4s of the way through and now my iPod is f***ed. It is booting and rebooting over and over and will never get past the apple logo. I've tried everything to get it into recovery mode even iphuc but nothing works. It is in an endless rebooting loop and I don't know what to do.
    http://command-interactive.com/

I am gonna try this......because if I use fw 2.0 again itunes lets me restore to that fine, I just get that pink/purple screen

Okay I got it in DFU now its letting me restore to 1.1.1.......crossing fingers lol
    Last edited by daweeze02; 2008-04-05 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Tell me how that works out. Update us users.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hacevyou tried to boot into it with ibrikr? That usually works when I get suck in that loop
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

lol I tried to update to 2.0. It worked but there was no installer.app so I couldn't install anything. So I tried to install installer.app by using ziphone but it kept on rebooting and showing that text which it usually shows when its jailbreaking. Finally I got it shut off by pressing home and power buttons. Then I started it up in DFU mode and restored it. Is there anyway of getting installer.app on f/w 2.0?

ads

Thanks

Nope ads1230.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Connect You iPod To Your Computer And Hold The Sleep/Wake Button And Home Button For About One Min. Your Computer Is Gonna Recognize It And U Should Be Good To Go.. This Happened To Me Acouple Times. ..This WILL work.. Hope It Does For U

ok so i got it into restore mode and i tried to restore it to 2.0 just to see if i could get to the pink screen so that i knew there was some sort of functional firmware on there but i keep getting the 1604 error. It wont let me restore to any firmware.

EDIT- I've fixed it
    I promise you Apple I will never hack again (haha), its alive. All it took was some lovin from a Windows machine (as much as I hate the thought).
    Last edited by zachsilvey; 2008-04-05 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That sounds nasty...that gets me thinking, I need a Mac.