Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLiberty+ just screwed me

Default iLiberty+ just screwed me
    i download iliberty+ i have an ipod touch and windows vista. i tried installing it...i had jailbrake, activate, and unlock checked, i started the download everything appeared to be going fine.
    As white text quickly scrolled down my screen i saw something that said failed and abort. Now all i get on my ipod screen is a connect to itunes sign. even when i hold down home and the power button after it restarts it just goes back to that screen.
    Itunes cant connect to the ipod because of an "unknown error" and even when its unplugged from my comp i get itunes store sing.

Am i completely screwed? I am super furious at this program. Please anyone help me if you can!? it will be greatly appreciated

Why would you even activate and unlock an ipod touch? -_-; Doesn't make much sense to anyone b/c you should only jailbreak an iTouch

well i wish i would have known that earlier. I thought thats what i had to do to get all the apps. Since the deed is already done is there anything i can do to reverse the damage?

I had a similar problem after using the new release of ziphone V3.0 on my ipod...

Try to force a restore (I think they call this DFU). This is how I did it (it is something I gathered here on this forum):

What you need to do is plug it in to the computer then do hard restore: hold home and sleep till shuts off, you have to continue to hold down the buttons a little longer. Keep holding down the home button and let go of the Sleep button.
    Then press the sleep button but do not hold. It should show up in iTunes tell me if this helps.

You will have a second chance to jailbreak but don't activate or unlock it...

By the way iLiberty+ seems better than ziphone for ipod...
    Last edited by xap37; 2008-04-03 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xap37 View Post
    I had a similar problem after using the new release of ziphone V3.0 on my ipod...

Try to force a restore (I think they call this DFU). This is how I did it (it is something I gathered here on this forum):

What you need to do is plug it in to the computer then do hard restore: hold home and sleep till shuts off, you have to continue to hold down the buttons a little longer. Keep holding down the home button and let go of the Sleep button.
    Then press the sleep button but do not hold. It should show up in iTunes tell me if this helps.

You will have a second chance to jailbreak but don't activate or unlock it...

By the way iLiberty+ seems better than ziphone for ipod...
    Let me elaborate on the above post.

Doing the restore he just told you puts yourself in normal restore mode. You have to actually go back to iLiberty or ZiPhone and click DFU mode, and get it into DFU.

Then download a firmware file (preferrably 1.1.4) and then go to iTunes which will now recognize your DFU itouch. After that, just shift+click the "Restore" button on iTunes, and locate your ispw file, and wait for it to restore.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to seungki For This Useful Post:

xap37 (2008-04-03)

Thanks,

I understand a bit more... Although I didn't used iLiberty or Ziphone for the DFU mode. I was able to restore everything without going to DFU.

Can you explain the difference between normal restore and DFU?