Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: correct way to restore

Default correct way to restore
    I jailbroke my iphone and had no problems for a while. I was trying out different IRC apps today and one of them must've screwed something up because I can get into my contacts and texts but I can't get to the dialer and if I get a phonecall the dialer doesn't come up at all. I want to restore it but I want to know how to do it without breaking anything.

What's the right way that won't brick my phone. I have 1.1.4, it's the original release (day 1) of the 8GB iphone if that helps any.

There is now way to brick your Iphone just download the firmware from a website and shift click restore.

I've heard a lot of people saying "you should've set up as a new iphone, not restored" in itunes. Does it matter which I do? If so, why?

you have to restore in order to set up a new phone

Not what I meant. I took care of it already anyway but iTunes asks if you want to restore a previous profile or set up as new. I restored and got all my info back, I didn't feel like setting it up as new.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

NOOOOOO! you must set up as a new phone! restoring from backup causes MONDO problems!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

lol, that's why i asked but i got no response. define "mondo problems". I jailbroke it again and reinstalled my apps without a problem so far.