Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some applications not visible in home screen after jailbreak

Default Some applications not visible in home screen after jailbreak
    I just used the latest version of ziphone (V2.6B) to jailbreak my ipod. I don't know which firmware version I had before (I check only after...) now I have the 1.1.4.

I can see in the /Applications directory that I have Maps.app and others... but I cannot see them in the home screen. How can I added these applications to my menu (home screen)?

Thank you,
    --
    xap37

Thanks

I advise a restore, and instead of ZiPhone (tried it, don't like it), use iPlus or the new iLiberty+ or iLibertyX.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iFilipino For This Useful Post:

xap37 (2008-04-01)

I did a restore and used Iliberty+ got the same results... It seems something more is missing for Maps.app to work.

Also I was not able to use SummerBoard, it is installed but it doesn't work. I used WinScp to copy the theme files. I can see the new theme in SMBprefs but when I selected it and restart SMB it doesn't work...

Besides SummerBoard, Maps, MobileEmail, Weather everything else seems to work fine...

The Summerboard, MobileEmail (and possibly the Maps app) are due to permission problems.

Try installing 'BossPrefs' via Installer and selecting 'Fix User Dir Permissions'

That should fix your theme/email problem.

Thanks

Just use the fixes.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

I tried the 'Fix User Dir Permissions' in 'BossPrefs' it didn't fix the problem. I used ssh to see the permissions on the files after this operation and all files are 644 and directories are 755. It seems the problem wasn't that...

Ipod Touch
    Original Firmware: 1.1.2
    Jailbreak Firmware: 1.1.4
    Jailbreak tool: iLibrary+ 1.2.0.65 and ZiPhone 3.0
    PC: Windows XP

I am having the same issue (I have tried going to Jailbreak 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and 1.1.3 and the apps still do not show). After the successful jailbreak, unable to see any of the mail, stocks, notes, weather, etc (basically the January Apple Upgrade Apps) from the springboard. I installed summerboard and that worked fine and installed catagorize and was able to select the icons not showing on the springboard and put them in a catogory. When I click on that catagory from the springboard the icons show, however if I click any of the icons, it brings me right back to the main springboard. Check permissions, check the path, and everything seems to look correct. Is there something I need to activate to get the ipod touch to use these apps?
    Last edited by rocket34psp; 2008-04-02 at 04:10 PM.

I'm in the same boat. Some (many)apps are searchable but not visible in home screen. But I have a lot of apps. Is there any limit of the ammount of apps at the home screen?
    Thanks.

Thanks

Dude... this thread is 2 years old....

Have you tried to move to the 2nd page?

Thanks for your reply.
    Apparently it has good rating in google. I've just googled it, and posted my question, forgot to check the date.

What do you mean by 2nd page? This is only one page tread.

Thanks

On your phone, slide to the 2nd page... is anything there?

Yes, second, third and many others are there. But still not all programs are displayed

It's only 11 pages and if I download another app it doesnt create 12th page
    Last edited by avagyan; 2009-10-01 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

11 pages are the max allowed. If you have all 11 pages full, you need to delete some of the crap programs on your phone...

O good to know, I didn't now that
    Is there any app which will display all the apps?
    Something like "search everything"?