Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch jailbroken!

Exclamation WTF is an iTouch?
    Quote Originally Posted by hidboy View Post
    Good News for my iTouch
    Is this some kind of limited-release from Apple?

....or are you just to effing lazy to type out "iPod Touch"?

I've looked through every page on Apple's website, and watched every video, and I gotta tell ya, I've seen no reference to anything called an "iTouch".

Try flipping your device over and reading what's lazer-engraved into the back.

Oh....It DOESN'T say iTouch...

That's cool. I'm gunna start calling my iPod an "iPMP"

Close enough, right?

Quote Originally Posted by EasyMac30 View Post
    Is this some kind of limited-release from Apple?

I've looked through every page on Apple's website, and watched every video, and I gotta tell ya, I've seen no reference to anything called an "iTouch".

Try flipping your device over and reading what's lazer-engraved into the back.

Oh....It DOESN'T say iTouch...

That's cool. I'm gunna start calling my iPod an "iPMP"

Close enough, right?
    If you ask apple tech support they call it the iTouch. Plus (in windows) try syncing your iTouch and see what process starts up: iTouch.exe

so cut the c**p, it's iTouch.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EasyMac30 View Post
    Yah, too lazy.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

this is good
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by AdamJaz View Post
    Yes... but at one point along the way it makes your IPT look like it has 260ish Megs, with 25ish available (if you start a sync with itunes)...

After you finish jailbreaking, you go back in there, per the guide, and fix the itunes sync functionality.

I can run most apptap apps for iPhone. I have google maps etc etc shhh
    hmmm i cant get mine to fix, i jailbroke it, but then couldnt figure out how to finish the process, so i went to jailbreakme.com and now it wont even recognise my ipod but it proper name...please help me :[

a super methond fr. a uwants fds:
    http://www.uwants.com/viewthread.php...extra=page%3D1
    and message below, Enjoy...
    I have a new version that requires no download! This version only requires you to visit http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb/ on your iPod or iPhone. DO NOT VISIT THE niacin jailbreak site before. Nothing needs to be installed on your computer. After you visit the site, Safari will crash and about 30 seconds later, the iPod will reboot automatically. You will then have a device with Installer.app and SSH (with the on/off switch) automatically installed!
    Please be patient before the iPod reboots. Your screen will show nothing happening, but your device is actually working furiously to install everything.
    This method will only be good for as long as the TIFF exploit is open, but it's the easiest way yet since there's no need for you to download anything.
    Major thanks to hdm of Metasploit for his work and informative blog entries. Props to rezn for being the first to get an auto-jailbreaking working off of the metasploit code, although this is an entirely independent implementation that does not rely on raw TCP.

i use wifi and take 45 ses. to install...really cool...
    Last edited by felderc; 2007-11-04 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Ipod stuck
    I did a hard restore on my ipod not realizing that I might lose all of my music. So with that said I have yet to connect my ipod to itunes because I dont want to lose anything. Is there a way to back out of this step without messing up anything. Please help me. Oh yeah I am working on a pc. thanks.

What's Jailbreak? iPodTouchFanatic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Alright, to prevent all of these questions, I'm going to tell you right now...

iTunes acts as if you never jailbroke, nothing will happen, and no, Apple can't track you down through your serial number. Hope this helped!
    Will You Be My Friend??????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12