Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes does not recognize iPod touch

Question iTunes does not recognize iPod touch
    I jailbroke my iPod touch I'm using 1.1.1 and iTunes works fine. I jailbroke my friends in the same manner as I did with my own. The jailbreak went smooth and he has alot of apps, now here is the problem. When i connect to my cpu ( windows xp ) itunes doesnt recognize the ipod, and windows thinks it is a digital camera and prompts me to use photoshop or the microsoft camera scanner wizard. Please help!
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

Thanks

Um, weird. Well, his iPod should be recognized, but if it is synced with his computer, not yours, that might be the problem. Go to My Computer > Right-click iPod > Open With.. > iTunes.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

I just connected his ipod at my dads with 7.6.1.9 im not sure what version i have at home. I am sure its older ill try updating mine to that version. I did try what you said and it wouldnt give me the option to open with iTunes. Thanks anyways!
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

You'll need iTunes 7.4 or later.

Try on a Mac.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

I found I had iTunes 7.5, I upgraded to 7.6.1.9 and everything works fine now.

ok this s$&$ is crazy. I have 7.6.1.9 at my dads and he has the internet and both me and my friends ipods work there. I brought 7.6.1.9 to my house because I don't have internet and upgraded my version. Now neither of our ipods work on my cpu. WTF?!?!? We're both running 1.1.1 and my XP recognizes the name apple iPod with the image of a digital camera. iTunes doesn't have a clue my touch is connected. What do I do? Should I delete iTunes and install an older version?, and if so do I lose all my library? I'm dying here
    Last edited by evolutionarymc; 2008-03-26 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Not yet. Try on a Mac and see if that recognises it. Obviously it is the computer's problem. IDK, you must have changed some setting. What happens if you put your iPod in recovery mode (don't try unless you are by another computer just in case)?

if I put it in recovery mode don't I have to reinstall firmware. I just had to erase everything two weeks ago I dont want to have to do that again

Sorry but I dont have a mac to use
    Last edited by evolutionarymc; 2008-03-27 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

does another program like ziPhone or iLiberty read your iPod?

Thanks

my dad had a problem like this with his iPhone and fixed it the other day. I'm pretty sure you have to reinstall or update your itouch driver search the forums or google for more information on that. Hope it helps

11. The Following User Says Thank You to danvicente For This Useful Post:

evolutionarymc (2008-03-28)

Quote Originally Posted by wearmaize View Post
    does another program like ziPhone or iLiberty read your iPod?
    Truthfully I haven't had the need to have them yet. I am aware of them

Dan I will try the driver search. How would I install them? Into the touch or in windows?

Thanks

QUIT SAYING TO TRY IT ON A MAC! He has XP, so why does he have to go through all the trouble to doing it on a Mac? Try reinstalling iTunes (it backs itself up, so you won't have to worry losing your library).
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

I just installed it...should I try it again? No I don't have a mac. I did just get the usbaapl.sys driver from my dads cpu and the apple mobile device svc. I am ( No I don't have a mac ) going to take them home and try to install them and see if it works on my Windows XP ( hint hint ). Hopefully this works, I like to change my music alot. I'll post tomorrow with my new findings. Peace

Thanks

I'm telling you check the drivers

Ok Dan I did a little research and found a post at another forum it was extremely helpful. I went to explorer/windows/system32 and searched for usbaapl. I found the location of the file, I then went into controlpanel/system/devicemanager and located the iPod camera. I then right clicked and updated "The Driver" with the location of the file. The driver updated and iTunes is no longer a stranger.
    Phewww........

Thanks

:-) glad to see its working again

You and me both....it's bad enough I have to use my Blackberry for a phone.