Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2G iPod Touch Jailbreak software? So confused!

Question 2G iPod Touch Jailbreak software? So confused!
    Sorry if I seem like a newbie to all of this, because I definitely am :P

I just bought a 2nd Generation 8GB iPod Touch, and I'm wondering if you guys could recommend me the best jailbreaking software that's out there. Am I even using the right term? Jailbreaking?
    I really want to turn my iPod Touch in to the greatest device ever, and load it up with games, useful apps, and music. The music is easy enough for me to put in, but games and apps? I have no clue where to begin.
    I mean, I could just walk in to a local cafe and hear people saying that they used "blackrain" (or something) to download all their apps and games and videos, and I'm just thinking, why can't I do that...

So I was just wondering, what should I do with my iPod to get the most out of it? Is there a guide you guys can recommend me?

Thank you!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First of all.. what firmware are you on?
    I am on a drug Ė itís called Charlie Sheen. Itís not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.

Im in a similar boat. It seems like most stuff Ive read about the 2G ipods is pretty out of date and doesnt apply to my firmware.

Im running 4.2.1 Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .:Smag:. View Post
    Im in a similar boat. It seems like most stuff Ive read about the 2G ipods is pretty out of date and doesnt apply to my firmware.

Im running 4.2.1 Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
    Search for 'Greenpois0n RC5' on Google and download it to jailbreak your iPod Touch.
    I am on a drug Ė itís called Charlie Sheen. Itís not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.