Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating Itouch 3g 4.1 to 4.3 HELP

Default Updating Itouch 3g 4.1 to 4.3 HELP
    So I have had a jailbroken itouch 3g on firmware 4.1 for awhile now. I wasn't planning on updating till after 5.0 came out, but there are numerous games that I want to play but they require 4.2. I have downloaded the firmware for 4.3 and when I try to update on itunes it says "this device is not eligible with this build." Do I have to use tinyumbrella to update my ipod? I have never used tiny umbrella and I do not want to mess anything up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I think itouch 3g goes up to 4.2.1. Go to iTunes n then go to where u update ur idevice. U should be able to update it to 4.2.1

Well I tried to update to 4.2.1 and it did the same thing. And on the apple website it says itouch 3g still can get 4.3, but if i can just get to 4.2 it will be fine, I just want to play the new games! Anyone have an idea on what to do?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

iPT 3g can go up to 4.3.5. Do you have SHSHs saved for 4.2.1 or 4.3.3? If not you can't upgrade to those firmware versions. You can only upgrade to 4.3.5 without SHSHs.