Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: In definite need of help (restore/updating)

Default In definite need of help (restore/updating)
    I have an ipod touch 3rd gen running a jailbroken 3.1.3 firmware. I do not remember what I used, it was months ago. Anyways Yesterday I went to update it and try to use a tethered jailbreak so that I could have access to newer apps that only work on newer firmware. When I went to update it iTunes spent hours downloading the 4.3.5 firmware and then when it went to install it gave me error 3194. So, after searching for a bit online I decided to try to use TinyUmbrella to restore it back to 3.1.3 before letting iTunes update it. So I downloaded 3.1.3 and ruan TinyUmbrella normally. This time when I went to update it gave me error 1604, I figure I was at least making progress. So after more searching I decided that I would have to use iREB to help aide in the recovery. I used that correctly, while still using TinyUmbrella, and got different results again. This time it supposedly went all the way through the restore only to pop up and need to be restored again, I'm in a freaking recovery loop. Either way I figure I put this up to see if SOMEONE could help. Thanks much in advanced, Hodgepodge75.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you dont have SHSH itunes will force you to 4.3.5. To get past the 3194 error open tiny umbrella, click advanced, deselect box that says set hosts to cydia on exit. Then close tiny umbrella and try restoring to 4.3.5 again.

Well, I did what you told me and it started re-downloading the 4.3.5 Firmware. Halfway through it gave me an error, 9006(?). I'm Re-Re-Downloading it to make sure it wasn't just a glitch.

That worked! Thank you so much, that would've bugged me for ages. I'll definitely be recommending this site to my friends with iPod issues and bookmarking this, just in case. Thanks again.