Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod 2G Jailbreak just look at the post

Exclamation iPod 2G Jailbreak just look at the post
    I have everything else, but the hold is broken. I think I've found a solution (http://modmyi.com/forums/general/748...u-no-jb-2.html go to the last post) but it is too confusing I'm old

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me how to do that

Help!!

It's pretty complicated, and it's risky, and has a strong chance of turning your device into a brick-
    if it would even work with an iPad 2. (somewhat doubtful)

You may have better chances, taking your iPad back to Apple and see if they'll fix it under warranty.

The thing is already one foot in the grave, what with the cracked screen, the brown spots, the broken buttons, it being an old gen.- I just want to jailbreak it. I really don't care what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Nerdy View Post
    The thing is already one foot in the grave, what with the cracked screen, the brown spots, the broken buttons, it being an old gen.- I just want to jailbreak it. I really don't care what happens.
    OH.
    For some reason I read iPod 2g as iPad 2g!
    most everything I wrote doesn't apply. Sorry to misinform.

Yeah, I wouldn't bother bothering Apple about it.

And the technique/process described in that (fairly tortuous) article probably would work on your device. Still risky, but if as you say its already one foot in the grave, not a dangerous sort of risk.

I'll dig back through it in a bit, and see if I can make any sense out of what would be a straightforward procedure to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Nerdy View Post
    I have everything else, but the hold is broken.
    Now I see where I went astray.
    The button at the top of the iPod is what people usually call "Power" or "Sleep".
    The switch on the side of the iPad is what people usually call "Lock" or "Hold".
    Hehe, not your fault.
    Last edited by raduga; 2011-08-13 at 05:36 AM.

Oh, thanks. Sorry for the confusion. Awaiting your reply!

Try to use jailbreakme.com 2.0 or 3.0 and use Activator (on Cydia) to simulate the lock button (I prefer using the "Volume buttons simultaneous" to simulate lock button)