Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPod Touch suddenly went into recovery mode

Default My iPod Touch suddenly went into recovery mode
    2 days ago,for some unknown reasons,my iPod Touch 4G just go off on its own and when I tried to turn it on again,It just go into recovery mode. I haven't been able to do anything with it since then. I have tried RecBoot and Recover Fix already. My iPod Touch is jailbroken with greenpois0n. I don't really want to restore it.I don't want to lose everything in it. Is there any way besides restore it? If I really have to,how can I do it? and can I jailbreak my iPod again? Thank you.

PS.My English might be incomprehensible sometimes due to me not being a native English speaker but I will try my best to make everything I said comprehensible.Thank you for your kindness

EDIT:: I think I will give up finding a way not to lose anything in my iPod. I will just restore it. I don't want to be without it for long.Thank you for your concern.
    Last edited by iLLuSioN_MooN; 2011-08-09 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

It may be a hardware issue if it just kicked into recovery for no reason. Check the usb connection on the bottom to see if there is anything damaged in it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

iLLuSioN_MooN (2011-08-08)

Nothing seem to be wrong with it. I forgot to add this one thing. I have try using recboot and it got to screen with skull. Then nothing happens for a while and it goes back to recovery mode again.I'm seriously thinking about restore it now...though I don't really want to. I traveled a lot lately and my iPod is my best way to get rid of boredoms.I just can't live long without it.

Thank you for replying.

PS.I'm suspecting that there might be a problem with greenpois0n. I don't know why it won't load. I will come back in 5 hours.I have to get some sleep.
    Last edited by iLLuSioN_MooN; 2011-08-08 at 10:22 PM.

Try using ireb to put it into pwned dfu. And then restore it. See if that works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misheal View Post
    removed
    Doesn't really look legit guys, I wouldn't try it if I were you... This topic is also already solved and should just be used for reference.

EDIT: That post was deleted, (Reported)
    Last edited by Simon; 2012-04-02 at 10:27 PM.