Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 4G Recovery Boot Loop, no fix so far.

Default iPod Touch 4G Recovery Boot Loop, no fix so far.
    So, I got stuck into a boot loop after trying to jailbreak my 4.3.4 and turn it into a 4.3.3 jailbroken ipod with redsn0w. I may have messed up without downgrading first, but I couldnt. I've tried my computer many times recieving a lot of errors, Ive tried my roommates, and my friend from schools lap top as well. I cannot downgrade to 4.3.3 at all.

So, anyways, I am stuck in a recovery mode boot loop with no hope so far. I've tried iReb, recboot, and irecovery, TU as well and nothing works. I've tried greenpo1s0n as well to no avail in getting out of the boot loop. Ive done a lot and researched as much as I thought I could. If anybody has any suggestions or anything I am all ears, I'm super tired n all I wanna do is get out of boot loop so I can jailbreak n use my peel520 cuz my phone broke lol. Help please, and thanks.

Did you save SHSHs of 4.3.3 BEFORE 4.3.4 came out?

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Did you save SHSHs of 4.3.3 BEFORE 4.3.4 came out?
    No, because I didnt know what they were, and when I found out about them I believe it is only if I was jailbroken before, right? If that is the case, I was not.

Apple is no longer signing 4.3.3, so the only way you can downgrade is if you had used TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH blobs, before. You didn't need to have jailbroken earlier, to do this.

You can't downgrade, so you can't get a normal (untethered) jailbreak anymore.
    Most likely there will be one eventually, after iOS 5.0 is released. In the meantime, you can get TinyUmbrella, and save your SHSH blobs for 4.3.5 (the current one Apple is still signing); possibly you could also use iFaith and save your 4.3.4 blobs. Doing this probably won't help you jailbreak today, but it may be good practice for later, when an untethered JB is available again.

Or, you could use redsnow beta and try the tethered jailbreak-- it's likely not going to be what you want, because its highly annoying; but you should be able to dump that and go to an unjailbroken OS again if it's unsuitable.

Tethered = you have to connect your iPod to your PC and run the jailbreak software every time you reboot your iPod. Otherwise, the iPod won't boot at all.
    Untethered = you jailbreak it once, and then you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Apple is no longer signing 4.3.3, so the only way you can downgrade is if you had used TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH blobs, before. You didn't need to have jailbroken earlier, to do this.

You can't downgrade, so you can't get a normal (untethered) jailbreak anymore.
    Most likely there will be one eventually, after iOS 5.0 is released. In the meantime, you can get TinyUmbrella, and save your SHSH blobs for 4.3.5 (the current one Apple is still signing); possibly you could also use iFaith and save your 4.3.4 blobs. Doing this probably won't help you jailbreak today, but it may be good practice for later, when an untethered JB is available again.

Or, you could use redsnow beta and try the tethered jailbreak-- it's likely not going to be what you want, because its highly annoying; but you should be able to dump that and go to an unjailbroken OS again if it's unsuitable.

Tethered = you have to connect your iPod to your PC and run the jailbreak software every time you reboot your iPod. Otherwise, the iPod won't boot at all.
    Untethered = you jailbreak it once, and then you're good.
    Yeah, I was afraid that was my only choice, but Id rathered be tethered than anything, which leaves me back to the infinite recovery mode bootloop. I can't do anything because its the way it is.

Greenpoison isn't going to work.

redsn0w might be able to help, if you haven't tried yet:
    Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - iOS 4.3.5 Tethered Jailbreak Using RedSnow 0.9.8b4

Yeah, I see that green doesn't work. I let it run over night last night again to make sure and yeah, woke up to seeing the recovery mode. I've tried redsn0w many times but nothing. I have a protection on my ipod from Best Buy n went there to have them restore it and update it for me but things kept going wrong with it and it wasnt fixable. Now I have an ipod stuck in recovery mode, no ID to get another one real quick and my peel520 just sittin in the box feelin lonely lol. But, what I plan to do is find my ID n get another ipod, it'll prolly be 4.3.5 but idk if I want to try to jailbreak it on my computer for fear of it getting stuck and I'll be S.O.L. with no money to get a new one. I just dont know what to do.