Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade 4.0 to 4.2?

Question Upgrade 4.0 to 4.2?
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've been away from the iScene for awhile ever since I got my Android (don't hurt me!)

Anyways, I current have a jailbroken iPod Touch 2nd Gen with iOS 4.0. I want to use the app Torchwood: Web of Lies but it requires 4.2.

So, I was considering upgrading, but I don't wanted to know if upgrading will wipe all my jailbreak stuff (even if I jailbreak again via jailbreakme.com). If so, are there any apps available to backup everything before hand & then restore afterwards? I would really hate to have to go through and re-customize everything again, especially considering I don't even remember how to do most of that anymore.

Thanks!! -David

I would update. First download Package Backup from Cydia. Backup your stuff. Update to 4.2.1, and re-jailbrake with greenpoison.

Teej, I just say jailbreakme.com, its much easier. Anyway, Greenpois0n is great yea, but you should know some basic things about iPod Firmware-Jailbreaks, etc. also, if you want to backup on your computer, it will take some time but you can download iFileBox, and figure that out, also, you can download .IPA's on your computer and install them with iFileBox. . Enjoy the upgrade. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Darky1126 View Post
    Teej, I just say jailbreakme.com, its much easier. Anyway, Greenpois0n is great yea, but you should know some basic things about iPod Firmware-Jailbreaks, etc. also, if you want to backup on your computer, it will take some time but you can download iFileBox, and figure that out, also, you can download .IPA's on your computer and install them with iFileBox. . Enjoy the upgrade. :]
    I thought jailbreakme.com was only compatible with 4.3?

And a few old ones. I don't know exactly because im only running 4.2.1