Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.3.3 question with jailbreakme and mxtube

Default iOS 4.3.3 question with jailbreakme and mxtube
    Okay I am on IOS 4.3.3 iPod touch 4g jailbroken by jailbreakme. It was a really easy jailbreak well yeah I guess it's beyond easy but anyway I have not got any tweaks or nothing yet just Cydia, because I heard iPods were being pushed into a bootloop after getting bitesms with somehow was not compatible with comex's jailbreak. If I were to get mxtube is there any chance this could happen. I don't have access to a computer at the moment so if it happened I could not do anything. Do you know if mxtube is compatible? And regards to if I wanted to update when iOS 5 comes out can I update or is it restore. If restore then will It be dfu? Thanks for reading sorry for all of these questions!
    Thanks,

biteSMS is an app AND a tweak. MxTube is just an app. I would be surprised and confused if MxTube sent your iPod into a bootloop. I jailbroke my iPT4 with redsnow and MxTube works fine. Like I said, MxTube is just an app. No extra tweaks being installed when you install it. If you are still worried about your iPod, save your SHSH blob so you can downgrade in case of an accident or something.

Okay thanks for the help and regards to updating to iOS 5 or iOS 4.3.4 is it a restore, dfu restore or just a plain update?
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by 4th time lucky View Post
    Okay thanks for the help and regards to updating to iOS 5 or iOS 4.3.4 is it a restore, dfu restore or just a plain update?
    Thanks,
    Updating your iPod removes the jailbreak. Don't update to 4.3.4 because all they did (as far as I know) is patch the jailbreakme 3.0 jailbreak and I don't know if redsnow or any other jailbreak would work on 4.3.4 either. As for iOS 5, I would only update if you purchased the apple dev program.

Thanks for the reply but my last question is do I update like by just clicking update or dfu? Or just a restore?
    Thanks,

Just click update. Restore you work too I guess because it restores the iPod to the latest firmware but the update button is faster than a restore.

Thanks For the help I really appreciate it.
    Any word on mxtube compatibility?