Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 Beta 3 Activation (iPod Touch)

Default iOS 5 Beta 3 Activation (iPod Touch)
    I'm having a little trouble activating my ipod touch 4g. I'm using Redmond Pie's tutorial. On steps 3 and 4, it says:

"Step 3: Now when you get to the iOS 5 setup screen which says “iPod” or “iPad”, hit the power button to put your device in sleep mode, and then hit it again to turn it back on.

Step 4: Now instead of iOS 5 setup screen, you should see standard iOS bubbles. Just press the home button 3 times to bring up Voice Over."

Activate iOS 5 Beta 3 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Without A Developer Account [How-To Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

I've gotten to the screen which says "iPod", but it's putting it into sleep mode which gets me. Isn't sleep mode just when you push the power button to lock the device and turn off the screen, where the ipod still remains on? How in the world are standard iOS bubbles supposed to appear once I press the power button to turn the screen back on?

I mean the device already puts itself into sleep mode within 10 seconds of no activity. Could someone please explain this to me? I need some halp. Should the iPod still be connected when I put the device into sleep mode? Because the previous step just says to plug it in and turn it on, but doesn't say to unplug it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by xlegit; 2011-07-15 at 01:39 AM.